Does anyone know how to microwave eggs?

by ball. 44 Replies latest jw friends

• ball.
    ball.

Does anyone know how to microwave eggs?

I tried looking it up on the internet but without luck. I've been told you can pierce a hole in the shell so they don't explode, but even so, I wouldn't know how long to cook them for.

• Gadget
    Gadget

is it not easier just to poach them? You can get a special thing to do them in, but you should be fine in a bowl/large mug.

• ball.
    ball.

hmmm, anyone know how long it takes to poach an egg in the microwave?

• Gadget
    Gadget

If you half fill the bowl with water then put the egg in, as the water heats up it'll poach the egg and you'll be able to see it change from opaque to white, then its cooked. It works in a pan so I can't see why it wouldn't work in a microwave..........

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Depends on your microwave.........what I've done is put them into a container, out of their shell, and then I just microwave in 30 second segments, stirring them (I scramble mine)........til they are just the way I want them to be.........so, if you want to poach them, I would think the same rule of thumb would apply......just have to keep an eye on them.

Terri

• ball.
    ball.

I definately don't want scrambled. I'll tell you what I'm doing currently. I boil up 5 eggs every Sunday night for the week. Take one out the fridge each morning, shell it standing in my kitchen, smother it in salt and wolf it down. No washing up, no mess, no fuss. But I want to do the same but have warm eggs. ***How do you like your eggs in the morning? LOL***

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Take one out the fridge each morning, shell it standing in my kitchen, smother it in salt and wolf it down. No washing up, no mess, no fuss. But I want to do the same but have warm eggs.

Just peel the shell off of the cold egg and then zap it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.... should be warm by then....

• ball.
    ball.

I thought of that, but wondered if it was safe re-heating eggs, you know, what with samelina and all that. I mean salmanella, salmanela. samanalena.

• Gadget
    Gadget

You should try pickling them.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I put mine in a cup and poke a couple of holes in the yolk with a tooth pick then nuk it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit