DeeeeeeMeeeennnnnzzzz !!??!?!?!?

by ApagaLaLuz 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carmel
    Carmel

deeeemeeenzeee = projection

carmel of the freshmen psych class

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

when i was a child i was terrified of the dark. The reason was because i thought that the demons would mess with me because i was alone and it was dark. i kept preparing for something to go flying accross the room or objects to start moving. my mom had an unbelieving husband at first and later on was a single mom, so the group she hung out with at the hall were those "spiritually weak" ones who also seemed to be middle aged, single moms or just middle aged single women. theres a lot of "stories" that fly around in those groups and so I got fed a lot of that stuff. I always had this very deep belief in the demons almost moreso than my belief in god and yes, nightly i was terrified of them. I had to sleep with a hall light on or something until I was a preteen.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    "WE are not interested in hearing about this."

Not only are the demons smart, then, they are polite.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nope, my wifes family go back to the 1920's as dubs and I have been around for about 50years and I have never heard of a personal firsthand experience within the families.

Question. Why do they seem to happen to 'sisters' of the more emotional makeup?

Why are they never attested to by a group of people?

Gitasatsangha had it right "Perception is reality". On things like that, if you believe it, and expect it then it will happen. There were those dubs that if they have a flat tire driving to the Assembly will say "Satan tried to stop me attending" . The rest of us would have just put it down to bad luck, even if we did not like to use that word

• blobby
    blobby

I had an experiance when I was in the Army, years ago. We were out on the moors occupying an large run down old house (bit like the Addams family home !), it had been empty for many years and the Army just used it to play games with. As kids we used to call it the haunted house !

At about 2.30am in the morning, it was mine and my pals turn for guard duty (always in 2's), the rest of the Company slept scattered amongst the various rooms on the ground floor. My pal was patrolling outside and I inside...to my relief, as it was cold and wet. I was sitting on the floor in an empty bedroom upstairs trying to stay awake when I heard a large thud down stairs....I didn't want to wake everyone by shouting to see if my pal was OK so I just went down and outside to investigate.....the problem was I couldn't find him anywhere so I went back into the house to see if he'd gone in through the other door?

As I walked into the old entrance hall I saw something move out of the corner of my eye but when I turned my head to see, there was nothing there! by this time I was starting to panic a little but being the brave soldier boy I was I had to keep my nerve, afterall there was about 50 other guy's there too. I could feel my hands trembling a little. Just then I thought I heard someone walking around upstairs, so off I went to see who it was?

Just as I started to climb the first set of stairs I saw something again out of the corner of my eye but this time when I turned my head to look, I saw what can only be described as something terrifying..it was without any doubt in my mind DEMONIC.....there was no sound only this demonic figure approaching me, it was about 2.5 meters tall, all black with big starey eyes, something was dripping from it, it was leaving what appeared to be a trail behind ?..................it was reaching out for me as if it wanted to take me somewhere. ....................As you can imagine, I just drop my rifle on the floor and ran up the stairs as fast as I could. When I reached the first floor I looked round and it was floating up the stairs after me, I was terrified because I thought it had gone!.......... so I kept on running up two more flights of stairs, noy stopping, until I reached the attic. When I got to the very top I looked down and was happy to see, whatever it was, had gone !..........By this time my heart was almost bursting out of my tunic.

To my horror, as I turned to sit down on the floor, ...........it was standing next to me, again about to touch me ! ........so this time without thinking I just ran and jumped through a small landing window, to my horror my Army webbing, the bags and pockets soldiers wear, got caught on the frame because the openning was so small, this time the demon grabbed my boot but I kicked it off, I kept struggling and struggling, I screamed for help but nothing came out, I kept trying to push myself through but I just didn't have the strength......... I couldn't get through!, ................................finally the thing grabbed my leg and pulled it..................................just like I'm pulling yours !

• Corvin
    Corvin

Such articles from the WTBTS are responsible for the spreading of demon paranoia throughout the organization. I remember reading this article and how it caused an acute awareness or openness to the idea that demons were out to get me.

g86 8/22 pp. 11-13 The Demons Controlled Me ***

The

Demons Controlled Me

I WAS a spirit medium, a sorcerer, a male witch. I employed divination. I looked for omens. I bound others with spells. I practiced black magic and voodoo. Most of the spiritistic practices condemned in the Bible at Deuteronomy 18:10-12, I engaged in.

The apostle Paul?s traveling companion Luke wrote: "A certain servant girl with a spirit, a demon of divination, met us. She used to furnish her masters with much gain by practicing the art of prediction." (Acts 16:16) As was the case with that girl, a demon also provided me knowledge of things that could not be known by ordinary means.

For example, before my grandmother died, I knew that her death was imminent. And when a relative would become pregnant, I knew about it before others did. These were not simply hunches that proved true; my knowledge about such things was almost always correct. When I would wish for a fellow student, teacher, or relative to become sick, invariably they would.

Once I became upset with my grandmother and wanted her to be hurt. I called to the demons, asking specifically that she should cut herself?that afternoon she cut herself with a knife.

Practicing voodoo, I used articles of clothing and made an image of my brother. I wanted to keep him from bothering me. Afterward, whenever he came within ten feet (3 m) of me, he got shooting pains in his chest and had difficulty breathing. So he learned to keep away from me.

Later, an acquaintance scoffed at my ability to summon the demons. I knew he dealt in drugs. So I told him he would be arrested and then be released. The demons did just what I requested. Within two months the man was arrested. Afterward the charges were dropped, and he was released. The man never questioned my abilities again.

Becoming Involved in Occultism

My family was steeped in the religious ritual and paganism of the Ozark Mountains in the United States, where people were users of love potions, and the like. I was born after my parents moved to San Francisco. They really didn?t want children; it interfered with their freewheeling life-style. So I was neglected, shown no affection, battered emotionally. I became a loner, a hater of people.

At an early age I was drawn to the occult. I would watch all the movies and TV programs featuring it. And by the time I was about six, I was a regular user of the Ouija board. I was open to and, in fact, eager for communication with the spirit realm. I knew that demons existed and I felt very comfortable talking with them. And they favored me with special powers and knowledge.

I began reading all the books on occultism that I could get my hands on, obtaining them from public libraries and, in particular, bookstores. One store, operated by a spirit medium, catered especially to those who practiced witchcraft, or black magic. From reading old books on occultism, I learned the names of demons who were contacted in past ages by people who practiced spiritism.

Then, in my communications with the demons, I began using these names when I spoke with them. And it seemed that whenever I dealt with a particular demon, that one?s personality and the way he worked differed from that of another demon I would call upon. I thus came to know scores of demons by name.

From my reading about occultism, I knew that the demons were angels who had lost God?s favor and were not the spirits, or souls, of people who had died. I had sympathy for these angels, and I particularly felt sorry for Satan. I became a worshiper of Satan, yet, contradictory as it was, I would at the same time pray to God. And when my prayers would be answered, I believed God had answered them. Satan had me thoroughly deceived.?2 Corinthians 11:14.

Although providing me special powers, the demons did not help me to be a good person. On the contrary, they twisted my thinking to hate rather than love. In time, I became a fornicator, thief, drunkard, drug abuser, and homosexual.

In January 1974 my grandmother died. This distressed me very much, since she was the only person I had loved. When I was a child she read to me from the Bible and spoke about the resurrection. Now I wanted to learn more about the resurrection. From childhood on I had wanted to live forever, and the demons had promised that I would. But it wasn?t clear how this would be accomplished.

An Important Encounter

Shortly after my grandmother?s funeral, I happened to mention to a girl named Gwen, whom I worked with, that the end of the world was coming but that no one believed it. Gwen said she believed it and expressed surprise that I knew. I had learned about this from the demons, but Gwen showed me these things from the Bible.

Gwen would always speak of Jehovah and said that he was the One who was going to bring an end to this system. I told her I hated the sound of that name, Jehovah, and asked her not to use it. She was hurt and said that if she could not use the name of the one she loved most, she?d rather not talk to me, because Jehovah is God?s name.

I was taken aback. So that night I went home, and taking the King James Version, the Bible of my deceased grandmother, I began paging through it, searching for the name Jehovah. I knew that if I found it in this Bible, Gwen was right, that Jehovah was God?s name. But I felt sure it would not be there. I was shocked when I came to Exodus 6:3, which reads: "I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."

I realized in an instant that Jehovah was indeed God and that compared to him Satan was not powerful at all! Seeing the name I hated there in the Bible, as well as hearing about the hope of the resurrection, made me start studying with the Witnesses.

Breaking Free of Demon Control

Shortly afterward Gwen took me to a meeting of Jehovah?s Witnesses. The talk was about the wild beast mentioned in the Bible book of Revelation, the one with the number 666. I had learned quite a bit of twisted information about this from the demons, and now it really surprised me that these things were written in the Bible. I was interested, so the following week I began a regular Bible study with the Witnesses.

The demons, of course, didn?t want me to study. But I knew that what I was learning was the truth, and I was not going to give it up even though the demons tried to stop me. They would hit me while I was in bed. Once a blow to the head was so severe that it took hours for the pain to subside. I prayed to Jehovah for help, and after that he kept them out of my room.

However, the demons didn?t give up. From outside my bedroom, they would rattle the windows. They kept it up all night, so that I could only get a couple of hours of sleep. They were trying to wear me down. But I kept praying to Jehovah and going to all the meetings of the Witnesses, and Jehovah helped me.

True, the demons have great powers. They can even kill people, as they did Job?s ten children. (Job 1:18, 19) And I?m sure they wanted to kill me, since I had been their servant to whom they had granted special powers but who had abandoned them to serve their enemy, Jehovah God. So Jehovah?s ability to protect me is proof that we need not fear the demons.

In the summer of 1974 I attended the district convention of Jehovah?s Witnesses at the Oakland-Alameda County Stadium. There I decided that at the next such convention I would be baptized. So, in the same stadium, on July 18, 1975, I was baptized, and I married a fellow Witness that October.

Even after Mari and I were married, the demons harassed us, terrifying my wife on occasion. Mari was part of the congregation where I had begun attending meetings. She knew all about my background before our marriage. She even said she suspected that I was a male witch when I first began coming to the Kingdom Hall. I was really weird. I dressed completely in black and wouldn?t speak to anyone, just come to the meetings and sit there.

At one time we thought that we might not be freed from harassment by the demons until they and Satan were abyssed. (Revelation 20:1-3) Because of our drawing close to Jehovah in prayer and taking advantage of every spiritual provision that he makes through his organization, it has been years since the demons have harassed us as they did at first.

We are blessed to have three lovely daughters, and for the past four years, Mari has been serving in the ministry as a regular pioneer. We truly look forward to the time when Satan and his demons will be gone forever! In the meantime, even though no longer experiencing direct harassment from the demons, we never forget that we have a battle against them, even as the apostle Paul wrote: "We have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but . . . against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12)?As told by Ralph Anderson.

I had frequent "demon attacks" while sleeping from the time I was around 15 until recent years. The frequency of the "attacks" did not increase when I was df'd and neither did they decrease. There was a period of time in which they became pretty intense and very agressive in nature. I've heard shrill, angry voices, dozens of them, scream my name in unison. I have awakened to a state of paralysis, totally conscious and aware of my surroundings, yet could not move a muscle or cry out. Crying out Jehovah's name was never the magic word. They did not seem to fear the name whatsoever. I have felt some heavy invisible body pressing down on top of me with great force and hands groping me all over. The sensation I felt was like the negative poles of two magnets being forced together (they can be forced together, but the resistence is very strong). The attacks always left me feeling violated and shaken. I felt as if I had been forceably raped, but soon forgot the experience since I was never phyically injured . . . afterward I would sort of push it aside or blow it off like being annoyed by a really spoiled bratty kid.

The overall sense I got from the experiences is that they could only attack me when I was vulnerable in a deep sleep. I thought that my personality or nature held some sort of attraction for him/them, and I got the impression that he/they were pressuring me toward some kind of wicked conduct or behavior, and they would not stop harrassing me until I caved and did what they wanted me to do . . . I still don't know what that would be.

Since learning the truth about The Truth and the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses, since my mind has been freed, I no longer suffer from those kinds of attacks. I have not had one in a long long time. I use to have them at least 3-4 times each month since I was a teenager.

Sleep paralysis, demon attacks, alien visits or abductions; I don't know, but it is not something that effects me anymore. Strange.

Corvin

• new light
    new light

Great thread, Chevys. I feel the same way...I'll believe it when I see it.

I also suffer from occasional sleep paralysis, but, even when I was a dub, I never saw or felt any demons or anything out of the ordinary. I was just unable to move or breathe, that's all. What a bummer.

Yeah, it's the wierdest thing. As soon as I stopped thinking in terms of Satan and demons vs. God and angels, the demons stopped making me think bad thoughts and making me work late on Thursday nights! I thought it was a bit disappointing that no extra temptations came my way when I returned to the dubs a few years ago (where would I ever get an idea like that?). I mean seriously, I fully expected that "Satan" knew exactly the things that tempted me and that it would be a frontal assault of women, drugs, and booze. It never happened. Yeah, real good job, Satan! Some Prince of Darkness you turned out to be!

• Celtic
    Celtic

It always amazed me that we were taught from birth that we must know all the crafty ways of satan in order to be on our pernament guard against him. Why? If it really was the truth, why not concentrate on taking knowledge in from a higher source, i.e. God and his son Jesus? To come out with this argument in the first place is absurd and tells me it is more likely to come from satan himself rather than a loving creator.

The WT obsession with knowledge about demons, sickens me.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Corvin,

Thanks for posting that article. Its totally laughable how misinformed they are about the occult!

I WAS a spirit medium, a sorcerer, a male witch. I employed divination. I looked for omens. I bound others with spells. I practiced black magic and voodoo. Most of the spiritistic practices condemned in the Bible at Deuteronomy 18:10-12, I engaged in.

Firstly, a "sorcerer" is something that hardly anyone claims to be, that is anyone who also claims to be a "witch". Also, the article seems to make the classic mistake of thinking that if someone is a Witch, they're also a Satan worshipper and practise black magick.

This guy appears to be saying that he was ALL of the POSSIBLE types of occultist - all at the same time! Witches don't believe in Satan, as a rule, because Satan is a Christian construct. Not all witches get involved in mediumship either.

Although providing me special powers, the demons did not help me to be a good person. On the contrary, they twisted my thinking to hate rather than love. In time, I became a fornicator, thief, drunkard, drug abuser, and homosexual.

Oh how convenient - "The demons made me do it". If he had any true knowledge about the spirit realm he wouldn't make such a claim. There is such a thing as freewill and no matter how much we try and say we were controlled into doing something at the end of the day WE choose what to do (we're not puppets of demons!)

Oh and its a common myth that these occultists hate the name Jehovah. I'm pagan and I can say Jehovah without a problem. LOL Plus many occultists use the Kabbalah in which Yahweh (Jehovah) plays quite a prominent role. I think Alistair Crowley used the name "Jehovah" in some of his mystical writings. No occultist that I know has every had even a remote problem with that name. Jehovahs Witnesses would like to believe so because it makes them feel secure.

That whole article was a pile of crap. They did write an article fairly recently about witchcraft and I found that quite well informed, though.

Sirona

• wednesday
    wednesday

Corvin, Sirona,

i remember that article quite vividly. It made quite an impression on me. I used to believe i was bothered by demons, and have had some unusual things happen that i can't chalk up to sleep paralysis. Most of it has been sleep parlaysis, however. It is really scary, and most oftens happens to me during times when my anxiety is high. Since stopping the meeitngs, i have less anxiety and so have less problem with this. Occ i have seen persons stand at my bedside and have seen other odd things. I do believe there is a spirit world.

JWS are obessed with demons, the occult, and sex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit