Would You Have Ever Let Your Child Die & Refuse A Blood Transfusion?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

X---That is the beauty of Jehovah's Witnesses and their rules. You're not supposed to try to figure things out...Just take "Mother's" word for it. "Mother knows best...."

• Room 215
    Room 215

I think every Bible-believing Christian needs to come to terms with what relevance ``abstain from blood" has for him/her personally. It's my impression that the WT, well aware that a change in policy would unlease a maelstrom of opprobrium, recriminations in the media, lawsuits, etc. are trying to distance themselves from their policy, buying time with liberalizations such as these, in the hope that advances in medical technology, and perhaps even a breakthrough in synthetic blood substitutes, will save their bacon. Such progress has already taken us to the point that bloodless surgery is widely practiced and the only cases absolutely requiring transfusions today are those of traumatic blood loss.

Personally, I don't understand why they don't simply flip-flop back to their pre-1962 policy, and remove it as a DFing offence. Offenders could thus be considered ``weak," immature," not exemplary," etc. but not ostracized. After all, how a person who, staring death in the face and under pressure from doctors and family (for whom in many cases the victim is the breadwinner) can be considered ``wicked" is beyond me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit