Would You Have Ever Let Your Child Die & Refuse A Blood Transfusion?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

Thanks to everyone for their compassionate comments. I know most everyone would be torn with sympathy and horror for anyone refusing blood for their child in the name of Jehovah. How utterly stupid it is to me now, but back before it happen I took it for granted I would refuse blood for myself. But had really never thought about it in regard to my sons. Little did I know it was soon to be something I would be faced with. I'm off to see my husband new grandson all next week as we travel across country. Hope you all have a wonderful July 4th a symbol of freedom, we all hold a little more precious today.

Balsam

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    your posts are BRUTAL.

Go shout at the wind. You don't know me, and I certainly don't know you. I don't think any of my posts have been "brutal". I sometimes see things from another perspective. I may not be compassionate. I'd like to be, but I don't bandy the term about loosely, compassion is hard, and can take many rebirths to achieve. I do try to be empathetic. Not pathetic.

Hopefully some lurker JW with children will read this thread, yes this very post, and realize that if he or she uses adherance to a stupid JW by-law they don't even understand, and deprives their child of the medical care they require to live, then they are nothing but a murderer. No amount of compassion for the murderer will change that simple fact. So don't sign those parental forms, keep your children alive until they can make up their own minds.Remember that doctors and hospitals will follow a don't ask don't tell policy if you want them to, and you can keep your kids alive and remain in the cult that wants you to sacrifice your children.

Gita of the Why-Is-Everybody-Picking-On-Me Class

• blobby
    blobby

Git

Gita of the Why-Is-Everybody-Picking-On-Me Class

cos your unbelievably self righteous, arrogant, brutal, unfeeling, unkind etc etc.............simple really !

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Hi Balsam (big hugs)

Thanks for taking the time to post - you have expressed exactly how I feel. If we were ever in this kind of situation I would fight my damnest to make sure my mum got any blood, etc. that she needed.

As you said, her misguided wishes shouldn't be instrumental to her death and I would do everything physically possible to prevent this.

I am so glad that I am a grown up and nothing happened to me as a child, although my dad has stated there was no way I would have been refused vital treatment if required.

I think an important point to remind everyone is that when people are in the grip of a cult they will do and think things that they would never previously contemplate. In their head it all makes perfect sense, as we all know that's symptomatic of brain washing, therefore extremes of behaviour appear rational. This means that compassion and understanding is required here - people are in enough pain over their decisions made as a JW without being harshly condemned.

FF

• shera
    shera

I had alot of problems with this,but I knew I would let my daughter have one.I would have been scared what would happen with her,because of the aids situation,but there was no way I would let my daughter die.

(nothing against the people who would not have,I have been a JW before myself so I understand)

• freedom96
    freedom96

No way in hell I would ever have refused my child a life saving blood transfusion. I knew it back then too.

• minimus
    minimus

Gita, when YOU signed up as a JW and got baptized, you were a "murderer" too. Guilty by association, pal. You might not have robbed the bank but you knew what the game was.

• Fleur
    Fleur

gits, allow me to clarify for you: your posts in this thread were brutal.

comparing losing a child through no blood to putting them down a garbage disposal is a brutal image.

you've never been through what some have been with this. you can make your point with lurkers without pouring acid into the already permanently wounded hearts of parents who lost children this way believing that they were doing the only thing they could. sometimes the kids get blood and die anyway.

i was offended by what you said. no, i don't know you. and i don't think i'm in a hurry to. so tell me to shout at the wind all you want, i would much rather try to reach lurkers hearts by showing some kindness to people in pain than berating them.

I do try to be empathetic. Not pathetic.

are you calling me pathetic? lol. sorry, doesn't register. i'm an infj and about as empathetic as people get. i am most certainly not pathetic for showing gentleness to a person in pain.

i hope you find that compassion you're looking for.

have a lovely day.

fleur

• minimus
    minimus

One thing that I do think we all are capable to do is LEARN. We sometimes say things without knowing all the facts or understanding every circumstance. That's what makes us imperfect. That's ok---as long as we can learn something from it later.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

3 or 4 years ago possibly.... now, no way! Just read the June 15th WT about blood. According to a chart that is in one of the articles its up to your conscience to take fractions of ever major component of blood. Why cant we just take the blood????? Its ridiculous.. anyway if the bible says to abstain from blood how can we be doing that if we take fractions of blood products. The logic truly escapes me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit