What are the flaws of this forum?

by Vita Nuova 46 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well I assume you are all now trying really hard to piss off Vita Nuova - this has turned from an extremely serious thread to one telling jokes -- I sse he was correct in the first place.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Vita, I have this to say about that....

• ball.
    ball.

LOL

Stillajwelder, come on man,

If you've been through all the pain that we have and can't laugh, you will only cry.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

LOL Frannie!!!!!

I thought this was going to be a poll about what we may not like about this board----and my only complaint is----that it moves way too fast! You go for a few days and it takes forever to catch up---and that's just looking for my "favorite" posters!

I LIKE the way it's set up AND the "active" topics right where it is! I don't read every topic---who CAN?

Whatever......

Annie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

BALL SAID Stillajwelder, come on man, If you've been through all the pain that we have and can't laugh, you will only cry.

Precisely -- I 100% agree with you -- read the whole thread and see my earlier comments

• Maya
    Maya

Amber, hun........

You are TOO much.......

You'll fit RIGHT in............

• ball.
    ball.

Sure, stilla

I agree.

The British humour though can be very ironic and there is nothing more ironic than turning such a thread as this into a list of jokes, all be it silly humour. I can certainly asure everyone that no-one is trying to piss any one off here.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Methinks that the guy with the avatar of the be-headed man needs to just chill out and go with the flow, and enjoy the diversity of individual people, and realize that having a melting-pot of opinions only makes this site more enjoyable, rather than it being a mundane, run of the mill debate forum for only intellectual minds.

I just dislike the lazy responses that shun honest, genuine thought (which, often, does not take any great amount of speculation to form).

Maybe what you feel are "Lazy responses" are really genuine, honest, responses. Some people including myself, find it hard sometimes to correctly articulate words and responses, but does not mean that it is not honest or genuine. I for one, was pulled out of high school at 16 by my parents to start pioneering. Therefore, I cannot respond to a comment as intelligently as someone who has been to college, and has degrees and doctorates. That should not make my opinion, or anyone elses, any less valuable.

• talesin
    talesin

I have a 'two-cents worth' comment here.

It has been my experience that certain posters tend to ignore thoughtful posts on 'serious' threads. It's happened to me.

Although I tend to stick to the 'heart' issues, and have been so many years out of the Lie that I have few questions about doctrinal arguments, I usually read these threads, as I find them interesting.

Occasionally, I will raise a point, or ask a question, and often I am ignored. Of course, they always reply to their 'old cronies', or the bible scholars. I don't know if it is because I am fairly new here, or because I am a woman, or because it is not my usual forte, but often, as I said, I get ignored. At this point in life, I really don't care, but it can be annoying to put thought into a comment, and then be treated as if you don't exist.

Stilla,

I hear you!

By the way, thanks for listening, and sorry if I came off too harshly. :) I value your posts. (I think you know what I'm talking about, and have wanted to say that to you for a while.)

tal

• ball.
    ball.

I agree, on-line communities are very interesting in their own right and are, indeed, studied by sociologists.

I too, have posted very deep theological threads that have been almost ignored.

Posting to a community such as this can be like going into a bar full of random people, and shouting something out to see what responses you get if any, or a punch maybe.

And the lack of body language can lead to many misunderstandings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit