YESTERDAY'S ASSEMBLY SUCKED........

by Mary 62 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

w02 9/15 pp. 23-24 "Salvation Belongs to Jehovah"

By standing quietly while others salute the flag, true Christians make it evident that they are respectful observers.

What if a flag ceremony is conducted in such a way that simply standing gives evidence of participation? For example, suppose one student in a school is selected to represent the whole school and he salutes the flag outside at a flag pole while the other students are expected to stand at attention inside the classroom. The mere act of standing in this instance signifies agreement with having the student on the outside act as a personal representative in saluting the flag. Standing in any manner would then denote joining in the ceremony. If this is the case, those desiring to be only respectful observers would remain quietly seated. What if the class is already standing as such a ceremony starts? In this case, participation would not be indicated if we were to remain standing.

g02 1/22 pp. 25-26 Dabbling in the Occult?What?s the Harm? ***Does listening to such music really contribute to destructive behavior? It evidently did so in at least one case?that of a 14-year-old youth in the United States who stabbed his mother to death and then killed himself. The walls of his room were covered with posters of heavy-metal rock musicians. His father pleaded afterward: "Tell parents to watch what music their children listen to." He said that the week before his son killed his mother, he kept singing a rock song "about blood and killing your mother."

w96 2/1 p. 26 Trust in Jehovah and His Word***Christian youths, look around your room. Do you display wall posters of immoral stars of the sports or music world, or do you display wholesome things that are good reminders? (Psalm 101:3)

w83 10/15 p. 14 Beware of Music That Debases! ***Am I idolizing them by wearing T-shirts or jackets that advertise such performers, or even by hanging their pictures or posters in my room? Does this please Jehovah, to whom my reverence should go? Am I following the Bible?s plain counsel to "flee from idolatry"??1 Corinthians 10:14; Romans 1:24, 25.

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

What are the "wholesome things that are good reminders"?

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Goin to college station, not this week but the week after next.

• eljefe
    eljefe

That's odd my Mom called and told it was the BEST ASSEMBLY EVER. Maybe you went to wrong one and it was really good.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'd try and get a recording of that drama, but I don't need the WTS getting their damn lawyers on my ass (or anyone else's ass) for copyright issues.

Maybe that's why they put it in a drama this year. Maybe they know "Beware of the Voice of Strangers" made it to the internet because of me, and they want to sue my ass for putting it up on the net.

• avishai
    avishai
    Dabbling in the Occult?What?s the Harm? ***Does listening to such music really contribute to destructive behavior? It evidently did so in at least one case?that of a 14-year-old youth in the United States who stabbed his mother to death and then killed himself. The walls of his room were covered with posters of heavy-metal rock musicians. His father pleaded afterward: "Tell parents to watch what music their children listen to." He said that the week before his son killed his mother, he kept singing a rock song "about blood and killing your mother."

How many times is this stupid argument used for people who say "GOD" told them to kill people?

Can you imagine?

At so and so's house, there was christian literature and crosses in their room. Amy grant and Michael W. Smith posters ALL OVER!!!!"

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie's info is right on (as usual). But the point that should not be missed is that when you leave the assembly, you start thinking ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is wrong to do. Recite the pledge, sit down, stand up, leave.....The message is "we as Witnesses are no part of the world so play it safe and don't do anything a worldly person might do"........AND Mary, YOU are one of the funniest reads here!

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Funny, I didn't go, didn't even know there was a n assembly and I knew it SUCKED.

After attending them for 20 years one is as equally useless as the next.

• Mary
    Mary
    Nosferatu said: I'd try and get a recording of that drama, but I don't need the WTS getting their damn lawyers on my ass (or anyone else's ass) for copyright issues.....Maybe that's why they put it in a drama this year. Maybe they know "Beware of the Voice of Strangers" made it to the internet because of me, and they want to sue my ass for putting it up on the net.

Well Nosferatu, IMO the drama wouldn't even be worth recording, it was so damn boring. It was the talk before the drama on Sunday morning when ol' bony ass was going on and on about "apostate web sites" and "the Media"----I would assume that's the talk you're interested in. What was really hilarious is when he said that some "faithful brothers and sisters have inadvertenly logged on to these websites, thinking that they're run by the Borg Organization, they've seen some of the materials and as a result, they've left the Truth." Even if I still believed everything about this religion, I would find this kind of statement very disturbing. I would automatically think "okay, what is being written that we're not supposed to read, that's making ALOT of bros and sisters leave?"

Minimus said: AND Mary, YOU are one of the funniest reads here!

Heh-heh-heh........... thanks Min........I think it's important to have a good laugh every now and then; even if I had to endure 3 1/2 hours of torture in order to provide it!!

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Goin to college station, not this week but the week after next.

Ahh......the Reed Center.....

Out in the middle of the Texas A&M Campus under the shadow of Kyle Feild. Any place to go and eat is at least 20 minutes away. Seats so narrow, you feel like you're sitting in a straw.

If hell has an a$$hole, that place would certainly qualify as it.

Hopefully, they'll have the upper deck open for you, unlike this past weekend, where you'll be able to spread out a little.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit