YESTERDAY'S ASSEMBLY SUCKED........

by Mary 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

All I got to say is....boy am I glad I didn't go this year

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    Well, I got dragged, kicking and screaming talked in to going to the assembly yesterday as a friend of mine was in the drama.

You know, I see no reason why anyone would go to the assemblies for the dramas - you can just associate with your local Witnesses for that..

That's all I have, I didn't read the rest of the post. I mean when I see the subject title of this thread, its like "... as opposed to some other assembly at another time that didn't suck..?"

• dmouse
    dmouse

Nice one Mary. My daughter just came back from the assembly UK. The main thing she got out of it as a 12 year old was that posters in the bedroom was a form of idolatory.

No more Orlando Bloom pictures for her.

Huh!

• Mary
    Mary
    My daughter just came back from the assembly UK. The main thing she got out of it as a 12 year old was that posters in the bedroom was a form of idolatory.

Oh that's right! Another little tid bit I forgot about. Yes, having a poster in your room is absolutely no different than when Shad-rack, Me-shack and A-bed-we-go were supposed to fall down and worship Ba'al or whoever the hell that idol was. And saluting the flag, or even standing up for it is also idol worship. Isn't it amazing how when the Dubs are in court and the judge walks in, the baliff says "everybody rise" and everyone stands up out of respect for the judge. Why isn't that considered "idol worship"?? Idiots.

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

Funny stuff. I didn't go. Thank goodness for your post, now i'm up to date on the latest "new light." And if it weren't for this apostate website I would have missed out on that new light.

zugz

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Don't they all?

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Man I try to be positive about things, but this assembly is going to suck major diseased, AIDS virus infested, rashed, left monkey testicle. My goodnesssssssssss!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

• Mary
    Mary

Soooo, Obvious Secret, does that mean yer goin'? Take my advice: put all your books on the seat next to you so that you don't have to sit next to someone who hasn't taken a bath in 2 months and who thinks eucalyptus is an Eau de toilette

• catchthis
    catchthis

I am looking forward to going. Obvious, what date/venue are you going to?

Mary, are you sure they said that standing for even the flag salute was a no-no? I know that the national anthem is a no-no, but I always understood that the flag salute was ok to stand for.

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, are you sure they said that standing for even the flag salute was a no-no? I know that the national anthem is a no-no, but I always understood that the flag salute was ok to stand for.

Well I could be wrong, as I was trying not to die from sheer boredom to catch all the facts, but I don't recall them saying that we could stand up for anything to do with the flag or anything else that would make us look like decent folk. The drama dragged on forever was quite lengthy and I'm still not sure what the frigging point was. It was about Saul seeing "the Light" on the Road to Avonlea Damascus and when the Romans beat the crap out of him for something....probably for calling on their homes when they clearly had a "Do Not Call" on their front door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit