Pit Bull dogs

by Schizm 74 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Yup. Petey rules!!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Really if you think about it, any dog that is loyal to his/her master will protect the hand that feeds them, reguradless of their breed!

Few breeds will do so as quickly and as ferociously as a pit. Do you think insurance companies refuse Pit Bull owners homeowners insurance because they just feel like it?

• morty
    morty

Never heard of a Canadian Insurance company refusing home owners insurance because they own a Pit Bull.....

My parents have insurance and have never been questioned about the dog they own?? Also we have home owners insurance and we have never been questioned to what breed of dog we own....

IMO, I feel that the dog reflects who the owners are and Chevy ( my parents pit bull ) and Grizzley ( our Rottie) are the most timmid dogs you will ever meet...

FYI, our son was attacked badly by a Dalmation dog 4 years and almost had his ear ripped off.He had 18 stiches to put his ear back on.... He was doing nothing but walking by the house. He was chased and that dog tackeled him to the ground and went nuts on him.Needless to say, that dog was put down, and we found out that it was the dogs 3rd attack.We don't hear about how nasty Dalmations can be, right?Those people that had that dog, still have home owners insurance and their dog did attack someone. No matter what the dogs breed is, if it is not told right from wrong ( like a child is taught) it may end up with a bad rap!

again, it is all about the owner and the way they raise their dog to have manners ...

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

I personally love my Greyhound. She can outrun a pitbull anyday

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Never heard of a Canadian Insurance company refusing home owners insurance because they own a Pit Bull.

Have you researched this?

There is more to this equation than the owner. Don't be silly.

• morty
    morty

Hey DanTheman,

Sorry about being so silly on such a sensitve subject, I will be more careful next time when giving my own opinon.....

To answer your question though, Have I reserched about home owners insurance and Pit Bulls? Yes, I have....With owners of Rotties and Pitbulls....as far as reserching it on line or something to that effect, no I have not....Have never needed to, never ran into any problems inreguards to this issue with our dogs because they are loved by us and they return this compassion back to us with no questions or barks asked...

Again, IMO I believe it is the way the dogs are loved, raised and trained....

• Schizm
    Schizm

Morty,

And by the way, my Rottie and my parents Pit bull, they play togther.....

Are they both male? Both female? Or male and female?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Your neighbor has not properly trained his dog.

Farkel

I think you're right. And the more I think about my neighbor, the more I think he himself was not properly trained. *LOL*

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Yeah, I guess I need to lighten up when it comes to talking about dogs that kill and maim people, usually children.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

More on my pit pull "lady' every night she would jump up on my bed and snuggle next to my all night,esp.in the winter as they have short hair.

She was impeccably loyal to me.She required a heavy choke chain to fetter her as she was a born killer.I could not let her out of my sight for even an instant

I treated her very well and I got her fully grown at the shelter,so I had no part of her puppy training.

That's it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit