Pit Bull dogs

by Schizm 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Wild..it was good of you to take that dog in...I ahem did some time "serving the community" at the SPCA and we would get in the pit bulls...usually they wouldn't even go for adoption. Straight to euthanasia room or to the city facilty...sad really.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

It is to bad for that breed of dog really. They are just protecting their masters. They are just that loyal.

One things for sure. If you own a Pit, and keep him in your house. You never have to worry about someone breaking in.

• Schizm
    Schizm

You all have made some interesting comments. I had initially stated:

When I'm in the owner's presence the dog allows me to pet him, but when the owner isn't present the dog acts extremely fierce to the point that I'm scared of him.

Can anyone explain why this dog accepts me when his owner is present, but then acts as if he'd never seen me before otherwise? I mean it's like the difference between night and day. He allows me to pet him and he'll even lay down at my feet when his owner is there. But he acts like he would devour me when I'm out in the alley, with him inside their fenced yard.

Schism

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Can anyone explain why this dog accepts me when his owner is present, but then acts as if he'd never seen me before otherwise?

Dogs are pack animals and consider their owners to be the alpha member of the pack. Occassionally they will instinctively challenge their owners because of their genetic wish to be the alpha member themselves. Usually a quick put-down of such a challenge is all it takes for the dog to realize his "place" in the "pack."

Dogs are also very territorial, but everyone knows that. When the owner is present and accepts your visit, the dog will also accept your visit. When the owner is not present, a poorly trained dog will instinctively protect his territory, regardless of whether it knows you or not.

Your neighbor has not properly trained his dog.

Farkel

• Celtic
    Celtic

Awwwwwwww but hes such a sweet little pigggggg.

Friends of mine have a Staffy named Robert that I Have known since pretty much his birth 3 years ago. I absolutely adore and love Robert to bits, why, well, he is the most ruddy cantankerous dog I know on four legs and well, we just have the most tremendous fun when we are together. Sure he's very very strong and certainly often has a mind of his own, stubborn as hell and aye, he's one hell of a heavy muscular lump. His jaws are something else, the strength in them is quite astonishingly unbelievable. Tis funny though to see him in the woods running as fast as he can with the equivalent of a log 6" in diameter and 9' long, careering through the trees as fast as his lil legs will take him, the ends of the log whalloping into all the undergrowth on the way. He recognises my doorbell straightaway and always rushes to greet me, tail wagging freneticly, then as soon as I go in, promptly goes completely berserk and loopy jumping all over me. He is just the bestest dog in the whole world, you slap him on the back, pummel him, pull his back legs getting his head twisting round this way and that, he snarls and bears his teeth as I try to outwit him, then all of a sudden, he gets his jaws completely wrapped around my wrist, awwwwww, what a lovely dog he be, so gentle.

Responsible dog ownership is a good thing especially with breeds like this, however, bestow lots of love on a dog like this and you've got a very loyal friend for life.

PEACHEYYYYY = Roberts codeword for Attackkkkkkkkkkk.

Last night I was cuddled up with him for about 2 hours rubbing his belly, hes my best friend.

• Valis
    Valis

tell me about it...I can't leave Farkel in the backyard...I'm always afraid he'll jump the fence go hump the neighbor's chihuahua...either that or attack some poor slob...I suppose I should have him put down, but he does play piano..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Celtic
    Celtic

Awwwwww you're such a sweet lil pigggggggg.

Robert Celty calls, look, see that Valis character, PEACHEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

Celtic guffaws.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

They seem to be a popular breed in the 'hood. No self-respecting drug dealer is going to be without a vicious dog, goes with the territory.

What kills me are the people who own such dogs, how they often become such psychotic apologists for the breed. Like people who own pit bulls. "They're the best search and rescue dog there is" (is that what you are using it for?) and "they're really nice dogs they just get a bad rap" - *LOL* Puh-lease.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Valis,

: tell me about it...I can't leave Farkel in the backyard...I'm always afraid he'll jump the fence go hump the neighbor's chihuahua

Shame on you! You know you're not supposed to divulge personal information on this board.

Farkel

• copsec
    copsec

My brother-in-law has a pit bull. She is one of the sweetest-tempered dogs I have ever seen. But he has had her since she was a little one and has raised her well. He is not a thug in anyway. They have her in the house with two small children and she is nothing but loving with them. I think it just depends on how they are raised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit