Why is it cool to make fun of blonds, but not black people?

by Satanus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Uhhhh...shouldn't the title of this thread be why is it cool to make fun of white people, but not black people?

I see a lot more prejudice here in Michigan than I ever saw down south.

Flyin'

• simplesally
    simplesally

I think what everybody has to remember when reading some of the comments is that not one single person has said that it is ok to view blacks, blondes, or white people in the way that they are viewed or joked about. What persons have said is what the majority of people think or act like. Confucious........I think what you have said is true about a lot of people. Again, you never said you agree with what they do or that it's right.....Thanks.

Its not right to make fun of anybody......but as a blonde or redhead, I enjoy the jokes made and tell them myself.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

This is true Sally. Me myself being hispanic (Mexican/Puerto Rican) I enjoy racist jokes. I tell them and laugh when they are told about me. But the difference is how you treat people on an individual basis instead of sterotyping an entire race because of a bad experience with one person from that race?

And for any of the Blondes in her, does you collar match your cuffs?

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

GMFH:

And for any of the Blondes in her, does you collar match your cuffs?

My ex was an Aeroplane blonde.... she still had a black box!

Re my earlier post - I make no apologies for my little rant. It really gets my back up when people whine (or worse) simply because somebody tells a joke about them, or their particular 'pigeon hole'.(I've had plenty of jokes pointed in my direction, believe me!!) I tell jokes about disabled - I have disabled friends. I tell jokes about blacks( or other skin coloured people) - I have black friends. I tell jokes about blondes - yet still admire their beauty. As I said, I think the only reason people have become so hypersensitive and politically correct is because it opens the path for compensation claims, or gets people out of awkward situations in courts. (that comment is not intended to belittle or berate the cause of minorities who genuinely do suffer prejudist acts that threaten lives / livelihood).

Bull!

• Mary
    Mary
    The other thing is, white women for minorities are viewed as a trophy.

Say what you want, but for a black man to date a white woman - especially a blond is a status symbol.

This is true. I have yet to see that scumbag piece of shit O.J. Simpson ever date a black woman.........although it boggles the mind that ANY woman, black or white would date a murderer.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think it's because black people will beat yo ass, whereas blondes will merely say "huh?".

I await my beatdown, lol.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Neither common practice is cool in my opinion.

DY

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

You can change your hair color at will, generally speaking, with one or two exceptions (Michael Jackson), you can't change your skin color.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit