Why is it cool to make fun of blonds, but not black people?

by Satanus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Discuss.

• Valis
    Valis

um what about this goofy looking blonde?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

And usually blonde jokes are reserved for women right - you all see the preview for the movie White Chicks?

• maxwell
    maxwell

My opinion is that people are more likely to believe many of the negative black stereotypes than they are to believe negative blond stereotypes. Further, blonds women are more likely to benefit from their physical characteristics than a black person is. The blond hair/blue eyes combination is still pushed as an ideal look for a woman. Witness the number of women who color their hair blond. I am not sure that can be compared with the number of people who go for the tans.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

Because black people will "get" the joke...

Blondes on the other hand....

• patio34
    patio34

SS,

Good question! I don't think blond jokes are funny. It used to be jokes about women in general when I was growing up (in addition to Polish people, etc.). I even remember an "elder" telling a joke "from the platform" about women (how to get word around: telegraph, telephone, tell a woman--although that was pretty mild really, but there were worse).

Any ridiculing of people in general because of race, gender, etc. is bigoted, imo. Although, oops!, I did send a joke about Southerners to my neice! Better practice what I preach!

Hugs,

Pat

• Valis
    Valis
    I did send a joke about Southerners

I delcare! I have never in my entire life!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer "Southern " class

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Does anyone remember that show In Living Color, the Wayans brothers? They made fun of people of all kinds, but it was in a good-natured way.

It really depends on the attitude of the one telling the joke AND the attitude of the one hearing it. Good friends do this kind of stuff to each other but they are pretty much immune to being offended. It can be intended the wrong way or taken the wrong way. Of course this is why it is more complicated when you talk to a large audience as opposed to a close acquaintance. Added to that how it can be kind of vague when you relate things online through text, you're sure to have some conflicts.

• patio34
    patio34

Lol Valis!

Well put, MarkfromCali!

It really depends on the attitude of the one telling the joke AND the attitude of the one hearing it. Good friends do this kind of stuff to each other but they are pretty much immune to being offended. It can be intended the wrong way or taken the wrong way. Of course this is why it is more complicated when you talk to a large audience as opposed to a close acquaintance.
  • Sassy
    Sassy

because blondes have not had the trauma that blacks have.. being blonde is about a hair color but not a culture.

we can catagorize a set of people w/o offending..but that is different..

like this for instance:

WHY ARE BLONDE JOKES ALWAYS ONE LINERS????

SO MEN CAN UNDERSTAND THEM TOO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit