Will I die at Armageddon?

by sinamongurl 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Ok, Deb, I vote for my answer . . . uh, infinity! (kinda reminds me of junior high school . . lol)

All kidding aside though, farkles point of view doesn?t really take into account those who still choose to (or need to) believe in God after they leave Watchtower Society. And people who are struggling with leaving the Watchtower Society are very often hurting and are usually searching for God and are in need of encouragement in this area. They need to know that God still exists for them (cuz He does) and is available to them and that they don?t have to belong to the WBTS to know Him. Remember, the Watchtower Society tries it?s best to convince the wayward JW that he or she will die and not be resurrected if they aren?t a JW at their death, or during the ultimate battle of the end of time between good and evil. This is something that weighs heavily on the mind of those who leave. In time he or she will realize this is not true, but in the interim, they need to be encouraged.

Will Armageddon come? I kinda doubt it. But I dunno. Are you so sure it won?t? Really? Well, if it does I am assured that God knows me and He will save me. (For the recently departed JW, he doesn?t realize this.) Is Armageddon a bunch of apocalyptic crap? Maybe it is, I dunno. I know the Watchtower Society uses it this way to keep the JW inline, that?s sure. But my point to Sinamon is that God does exist and He will be sure and show her the way in how to lead her life to its ultimate end, whatever that end may be. The JW considers the Watchtower Society as a kind of insurance policy, and I really don?t think God works like that.

I don?t have all the answers. I just know that God loves me, and that is enough to sustain me through any trial. Armageddon be damned.

Steve

• Farkel
    Farkel

steve,

: All kidding aside though, farkles point of view doesn?t really take into account those who still choose to (or need to) believe in God after they leave Watchtower Society.

The fallacy with that statement is that you think "God" and "Armageddon" are mutually inclusive. It is easily possible to have a deep faith in God and a trust in God's goodness so perfect that even the IDEA of Armageddon is something that cannot be believed.

I suggest for all of those leaving the Watchtower: leave WatchtowerGod(tm) behind too, and find yourself a better God. That's pretty easy to do, you know. It would be nearly impossible to find a WORSE God than WatchtowerGod(tm).

Farkel

• heathen
    heathen

I think it all depends on how you look at it . I think armageddon is really the battle between the 2 seeds dealing with the spritual aspect of the grand scheme . The forces of darkess are satan , false prophets ,and the world political powers . The forces of light are Jehovah , Jesus and the saints . If we read Daniel about the king of the north and of the south we find that it is the world political powers that cause the great tribulation and prince Michael has to stop the destruction of all flesh .

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Sinamon,

Please do your own investigation of the Wt society. Many here have already done so. It is interesting when you see what the true origins of the teachings are. Knowing the real truth about the WT Org will help you to break free from your fear. It is not a wholesome organization, but has done much harm to many. Maybe you realize that on some levels already. It takes a while to break free from a controlling cult. Please get some help (professional if you can) and keep reading the stories of what others have been through. And please be assured there is life after the Watchtower and you can find it too.

• freedom96
    freedom96

One thing for sure is, that no one knows exactly what is going to happen when we die except for God.

I have my own beliefs, as well as many on this board. I do not believe for a second that God is going to destroy those who are not witnesses, based on that fact alone. The bible clearly talks about having a personal relationship with God and Jesus, and that is the way to salvation, not following some man made religion here on earth.

I encourage you not to let the WTS control your life.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome gurl.

" I still struggle with: "should i go back cuz I dont want to die"

This problem exists when God, our Source, is reduced in our minds down to a tiny anthropomorphic deity. Religions reinforce and support belief in a-god-seperate, a god which is just a fragment somewhere within the universe. A god that kills.

Just because we are taught to believe in such a repugnant creature does not mean we need to continue to or follow lock-step with the masses of people who do. We are adults now -- are we not -- and we can step out of ignorant desert tribe thinking; especially when we are conscious that beliefs in a lesser-god cause us suffering and pain.

I suggest you open your heart and mind to new senses and understandings of our Source by first letting go of everything you have been taught by others about God, and looking instead within nature and yourself for true wisdom and understanding that can set you free of worry and suffering.

j

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

I thank u all very much.

There are many differing opinions, but all very supportive.

Thank u.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The Jehovah's Witnesses can grandstand to the ends of the Earth,and they will still.....

GROW OLD AND DIE LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

The only variable here is; will you also die broken and unsaved?

[Notice; All Jehovah's Witnesses who have died,are all Still Dead

• Terry
    Terry

As an ex-JW I have certain fixed things burned into my brain. Is there anything more powerful than the idea that the supreme ruler of the universe is going to kill you??

But, such an idea, upon examination, is ludicrous in the extreme. The idea of a Supreme Being who gets pissed off is laughable. These are ancient ideas from unelightened, frightened primitive minds. Stop and ask yourself how the world can be "out of control" in the face of an all-powerful being with the power to make things happen (and prevent them).

The whole "Divine Plan" of the ages is rickety and homemade; very low-tech and ill-advised upon closer examination. Instead of putting things in order when they go awry (like any competent Chief Executive) we are told this Supreme Being has to come up with an emergency plan that will enable him to prove to lesser creatures that he is not a liar! The world becomes this vast wind-up machine where this goes here and that falls off there and hits a lever which pops up and.....a RUBE GOLDBERG cartoon! 6,000 years it takes to "vindicate" God's name? Huh?

What utter nonsense! I can understand somebody standing in Athens in 800 B.C. entertaining the idea that Zeus might hurl a thunderbolt at him if he doesn't grease the palm of the local priest with a bribe---because they didn't know any better. It was barely feasible--but, maybe a safe bet to be religious and play it safe. But, thousands of years later we have found out how things actually happen. The mysterious has become comprehensible.

Divine agency is a thing of the past--the unconscious mind! We make our own lives now. The undercurrents of demons and ghosts and things that bump in the night are a dream we have awakened from. Our nightmares now are the Muslim fundamentalists who STILL BELIEVE all those silly stories are true! The terrorists are terrified of the modern world because it is proving them to be backward idiots with their heads stuck in the sand. They will not face up to the modern world and the destruction of their world view. So, instead of growing up and joining a productive society; they simply wish to destroy the proof that they are clinging to nutty belief systems.

Why should we be like them? Why fear the unseen and quail at a patchwork book (the bible) that is a vast accumulation of constant revisions of extinct ideas, fears and guesswork of bygone civilizations? We live TODAY--not thousands of years ago!

Would you treat an illness with leeches? Would you bleed a man who has pneumonia to let out the "bad humours"? Why then, cling to the idea of a wrathful deity who is "coming to get you" if you aren't a good sheep??

Be free. Just be done with Medievalism. Jump into the pool and swim.

I had to start all over and learn how the world really works.....from scratch.

I got a book on Physics and learned how things work.

I read some books by Joseph Campbell about how all Myths are the same from culture to culture and religion to religion.

I read about the Documentary Hypothesis and learned how the Bible was the work of several redactors working from disparate sources. I studied historians. I read enlightenment authors and traced the path of civilizations. In short--I started all over. I got rid of the nonsense that had accumulated in my brain that was a FALSE idea of how the universe works and replaced it with state-of-the-art information which is current.

So, it is not unlike a fellow who, one day, throws away his rabbit's foot, burns his astrology books, simply takes the shortest root under a ladder laughing at his previous superstitious view of the real world.

You are on your own. There is no vengeful deity. The real enemies are the religious nuts who won't let go of fairy tales and who won't let you get on with your life.

If you don't join the collective mentality of the cultists; they seek to annhilate you by wishing you dead at Armageddon.

There is no Armageddon. Armageddon is today: wipe out the mysticism from your brain and join the real world. You'll enjoy your freedom. You really really will.

Terry

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Welcome Terry productive post.I Love You Mug 2Danny cares and shares www.DannyHaszard.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit