Will I die at Armageddon?

by sinamongurl 41 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

All my advice is: Investigate. Read widely.

B.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Cinamongrrl, If your issue is the doctrin of Armegeddon, that is a fairly simple one to investigate. There are several viewpoints just within christianity regarding the nature of the big A. If you look outside the sandbox of Christianity, you'll find other references that clearly indicate it is an "end of an era" or "age" and it is a re-ocurring phenomena that happens whenever an "age" ends and a new one begins. Other renderings define it as a re-ocurring "process" not an "event". I think some of the Christian writers support this idea as well. The bible refers to the "new heavens and new earth" and clearly these are not literal. They likely refer to the "new wine" or a "new gospel" that won't fit in the "old wine skins" of past ages. Nothing to fear. Only facinating things to discover.

I suspect you will want to resolve other issues with the JW than the "big A" but if that is what is bothering you get on line and do some research w/o the Watchtower telling you how to think.

best regards,

carmel

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry
    The fallacy with that statement is that you think "God" and "Armageddon" are mutually inclusive. It is easily possible to have a deep faith in God and a trust in God's goodness so perfect that even the IDEA of Armageddon is something that cannot be believed.

I don?t know about that farkle, but I cannot say with absolute certainty that God and Armageddon are mutually exclusive either. Many people who aren?t Jehovah?s Witnesses and who are Christian believe in the ultimate battle between good and evil as portrayed in the bible (Armageddon). As to believe in God with the possibility that God is too good to even consider the idea of an Armageddon?s is a nice thought (and I?ll concede is even a possibility), but it does rather exclude the bible?s authenticity at least on this one point. I suppose one could still believe in the bible but explain away Revelation?s apocalyptic end as a spiritual metaphor, but I think that would be stretching it a bit. For me, I?m really not all that sure I believe in the bible anymore anyway. Still pondering that one.

Actually you and I are more in agreement than you may realize when it comes to God. But, unlike you I haven?t completely dismissed the idea that somewhere in the future He may have a plan to stop the madness and the inequity of life and give mankind a second chance. I dunno. This maybe ?pie in the sky? thinking, I realize that. Anyway, my point to sinamon was actually pretty close to yours in that what I am saying is to trust in God to the point that if there is an Armageddon or there is never going to be one, that He will carry you through any circumstance, by His love and His Grace. I really believe that.

"I suggest for all of those leaving the Watchtower: leave WatchtowerGod(tm) behind too, and find yourself a better God. That's pretty easy to do, you know. It would be nearly impossible to find a WORSE God than WatchtowerGod(tm)."

I know exaclty where you?re coming from on this one. But this is a foreign concept and is way too advanced for someone who has just recently come out of the Watchtower Society. Of course there?s only one God, its just that He has been so badly misrepresented to the JW by the Watchtower Society that they practically have to start over in understanding who He is, and that ain?t an easy thing to do. It just takes time.

• talley
    talley

Chance and Cirmstance will dictate when and how one dies. Eccl 9: 11 &12. not the WTBTS.

It is all a "vanity and a striving after the wind". Eccl. 6: 9 Which also says to believe your (lying) eyes!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You positively will not die. *holds out lovely bowl of fruit*

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hi Sinamongirl,

Welcome to the board...

I've had very similar 'discussions' with myself since being DF'd approx 12 years ago. It sounds like you came up with similar answers too - if you go back to avoid 'death', surely that's not enough... I also still have occasional nightmares about Armageddon, and have come to accept these as something I'll endure while i get the remains of this cults teachings eradicated from my mind.

It's a good place to heal here (for the most part), approach things with an open mind, and be prepared to dig deep into your instilled beliefs and question them openly and honestly.

Hope you find your peace here,

Bull!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    I live my life afraid of the unknown.

(((sinamongurl))) Welcome to the forum, my dear. And you too, Terry!!! Sin, I know how you feel because when I first made the decision to leave the Witnesses (and I was one for 46 years), I was scared and felt that I was condemning myself and my children to death. But one of the reasons I left was because I really didn't want to spend forever with the boring, hypocritical, judgmental people at the Kingdom Hall.

Your feeling will pass as you read more on the board and start looking around at your life NOW and what you can do to enjoy it to the fullest. Not "eat drink & be merry for tomorrow you will die" but "what can I do today to make the world a better place and me too?" Trust that God will look down on you and approve your efforts. Look at the world around you, the flowers, animals, harmony of the ecology (when people don't screw it up) and, if that convinces you that there IS a god, then you should also take comfort that someone who created such beauty has respect for his creation.

You'll feel a weight off your shoulders when all this sinks in!

Love,

Nina

• SAHS
    SAHS
    The only variable here is; will you also die broken and unsaved?

If you no longer have to go to the KH or in service, the question for most of us guys is, Will you also die broken and unSHAVED?

?SAHS

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I truly believe that God's ultimate judgement day will not come during my life time.

If it were to come, however, for my asumption may be wrong, I absolutely refuse to believe I'll be destroyed with the evil people of this world as I consider myself a very good and moral person.

DY

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

From what we were taught only, jehovahs people (those who are baptized and in good standing) get saved at armageddon

however, those considered to be in "good standing" and have positions in the congregation, are the ones who are lying

so I guess I have come to somewhat of a conclusion:

at armageddon, if there is an armageddon, it seems that more of us who are outside of the congregation would be saved before

any of them would be (excluding those sincere ones who try to do their best, i used to be one of those)

thank u all for your support, it is a difficult journey

Sinamon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit