Dateline--Fahrenheit 911

by patio34 180 Replies latest social current

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Cassi,

Good to have you back posting regular. I will not let politics become my focus although I have strong opinions about it.

Moore gets criticized mostly for his conclusions he draws and his unrestrained criticism of those he exposes.

It's all political spin, whomever has the better spin gets the people's votes or their money or both.

I suppose Moore has his 'spin' too. But the Bush/Cheney/Halliburton and Saudie connections define money in a way this "fat", "stupid" Michigan "doe boy" never dreamed of.

To all in the debate

Moore is controversial, but I'm not aware of him being caught in a lie. I haven't seen ANYONE on this thread present a thread of evidence to refute the 'facts' Michael Moore has presented in his documentaries.

Does anyone have interesting refutation of Moore's work?

Jst2laws

• talesin
    talesin

Ah, yes, but he is not a politician. What stake does he have in this? To make money in the film industry? Well, that's a hard road, a very hard road.

Interesting point, Cass, hmmm, don't think I agree off the top, but worth thinking about.

t

(heheh, we have a debate, folks! yes, and we are being respectful,,,, I love it!)

• talesin
    talesin

jst2laws

hahaha, simulpost, but we may be thinking along the same lines.

:)

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Moore is controversial, but I'm not aware of him being caught in a lie. I haven't seen ANYONE on this thread present a thread of evidence to refute the 'facts' Michael Moore has presented in his documentaries.

I seen Michael Moore's movie, " Bowling For Columbine" and read his book, " Dude Where's My Country?" I agree he seems a little over the top sometimes but you are correct when you said no one can refute what he is saying. In his book, " Dude Where's My Country?" he backs up all he says with reams documentation.

As another poster put it "Moore is passionate and at times, over the top" "Moore cares about America, and no one seemed to mind when he was exposing the wrongs done to the auto workers. Now that he is attacking the status quo, it's a whole new ballgame".

Will

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Just saw the interview a little while ago.

I thought Matt was tough but fair on Michael and Michael defended him movie well.

I wish Michael Moorse would turn it down a notch however, as Matt mentioned, so much is in 'the tone in which it is said.' He has great information, but being a passionate artist and filmmaker he tends to push his points with a bit too much gusto and scare away those who might otherwise listen to what he has to offer. Of course others probably think he should ride around with a bullhorn in Washington D.C., oh wait, he already did that.

Aside from that, I thought I wanted to see the movie before, now I can't wait!

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

I wonder who it was that called a certain conservative radio commentator a "...big fat idiot"?

I think he currently hosts a liberal talk show on a slowly dying radio network that specializes in broadcasting liberal views.

Not to mention all the times I have been called "a traitor to my race" by people of my own ethnicity (fortunately not here though).

I guess, I just got too caught up in liberals annointing this moron a messiah. Yes, he is a moron. I saw him speak earlier this year at Occidental College in Los Angeles. This guy (Moore) could not string two sentences together, let alone two words in an open question forum. And liberals talk about Bush being a moron?

As far as anyone refuting Moore, I did a Google search and can't find anything that I would consider credible. Maybe the claims that Moore makes are just so outrageous that no one wants to dignify them with a response. Personally, I would love to see someone hoist this guy up, and nail him in public over his "documentaries."

LABD

• talesin
    talesin
    I would love to see someone hoist this guy up, and nail him in public over his "documentaries."

Yes, it's funny how they don't seem able to do it, isn't it? I mean, there he is, out there in the public eye, take your best shot. But they just don't seem to be able to label him 'liar'. Interesting, isn't it?

Oh, and now he's not fat, just a 'moron'. Hmmm, to me, that doesn't sound like much of an argument, rather another ad hominem attack. Do you have anything convincing to say about the issues, as opposed to attacking Moore on a personal basis?

Edited to say: ah, well, the gauntlet has been thrown! Nothing personal, I hope you know. :D

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Yes, Tal, he is a moron. Again, I heard this guy speak.

This is similar to how the left characterizes President Bush, isn't it?

Isn't funny how those that are so willing to through around the ad hominems when it comes to Conservatives don't like it when the tables are turned on them?

LABD, of the David Horowitz is right....to the left politics is war.

Edited to add: NO comment on Al Franken's book (a major ad hominem fallacy), which came out long before Moore?

• talesin
    talesin

Cute. You show me half as many Moore-isms as there Bush-isms (ie direct idiotic quotes proving he is not too smart), and I will concede the point! Hello, let's talk DIRECT QUOTES, okay? No characterizations allowed, just direct quotes, no prepared speeches. Then, we'll talk.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

LOL. Have you ever heard this person speak in public and unrehearsed? I have, and he leaves much to be desired. In fact I would rather sit through a 5-day International COnvention of J-Ws, than have to listen to this guy again.

Sya what you want about, President Bush, but I'm sure if YOU were under the same amount of scrutiny by a hostile press corp, and political enemies, I'm sure you would have your fair share of "Talesin-isms."

LABD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit