Elders Meeting

by New Castles 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• copsec
    copsec

Heck I was disfellowshipped simply for refusing to meet with them! I was called and told I needed to come meet with them. I refused. Two days later they called back and I said I was disfellowshipped. I said fine. So, they DF'd me without telling me why, without a meeting, without their stupid "2 witness" rule!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Shark 2 apostate-baiting Fish They sent me a poor man's subpoena aka certified letter for $4.50.

The letter warned I would be summarily disfellowshiped if I was a no-show

It was signed:Christian love Rockland Massachusetts Congregation Elders.

[footnote:I was pretty much a burned out unemployed basket case at the time Zany ( because of 33 years of JW abuse) they predicted i would go off and hang myself like old Judas

Big backfire ding-a-lings Skunk

• Gadget
    Gadget

Its Sunday now, themeeting was scheduled for yesterday. Did you go? If so, how did it go? Or if you didn't, did you cancell it or just not show? I hope things didn't go too bad for you.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I would just call and tell them that since the big A is so close that I need the time to prepare for it. I.E. getting food stuffs,water,batterys,ect.

And then tell them as time is so short I would advise they do the same. And I will call when I can spare some time if the big one is not here first.

• New Castles
    New Castles

To close this story, I did cancel the meeting at the last minute...called the elder on his cell phone. He stated he regretted that I couldn't make it and wanted to reschedule for some other time. I simply told him that I would let them know and hung up. Havent heard anything else yet...

Thanks to everyone for their response, its nice to know I have those that do listen and understand what Im going through

• cbew
    cbew

Here is a sure fire way to get out of any elders meeting and insure they will never bother you again. Just tell them you will be happy to meet with them and discuss anything with them on one condition only - that you are allowed to bring along a "friend". They of course will ask you who your "friend" is. When they ask tell them that your friend is a police officer, lawyer, newspaper reporter, or any public official. When they here this they will never agree to your terms. If they theaten to disfellowship you tell them they have no right to under their own rules and if they do you will make a big stink about it to your friend and file a civil suit for "emotional and mental" damages. This scares the hell out of them and if they are smart they would leave you alone. I knew a brother that tried this tactic and they never bothered him again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit