Elders Meeting

by New Castles 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• New Castles
    New Castles

Im gonna have to cancel the meeting...I only agreed with it because he kinda backed me into the study. I thought I had it beat, but i was still intimidated. I just want to be able to fade and continue talking to my family...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Just popping in to say Nice to see your post, RR!

Cheers, ozzie

• gumby
    gumby
    Im gonna have to cancel the meeting...I only agreed with it because he kinda backed me into the study. I thought I had it beat, but i was still intimidated. I just want to be able to fade and continue talking to my family...

Gumby

• simplesally
    simplesally

Cancel it and don't reschedule

• Mulan
    Mulan

If it were me, I would call when I knew I would get the answering machine and tell him I found out I had to work that day or something similar. Or change your voice and say you have a terrible case of the flu and are too sick to go out.

Glad you are going to cancel it.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Sorry guys, but I disagree. I haven't come forward yet about my views, even though I've been inactive for about 10 years. I just started doing all my research and gathering all my data. However, when the time comes, I want to see their faces and listen to their lame excuses when I blast them with reams of data that proves they are full of crapola. But then, I can be a little on the confrontational side. Why avoid them? Go in and tell them how you really feel. It may not be pleasant, but at least they'll know where you stand. And if they don't like it, f--- 'em...oh...and as Danny said, threaten to sue....lol

If you want to cancel the meeting, don't make up some B.S. excuse. Just call and tell them that until you know why they want to meet, you'll not meet with them. Tell them that you want to be prepared for whatever the meeting is about and unless they come clean, tell them that you'll not meet with them. (and tape your phone conversation with them). If they tell you why, and you feel it's bogus, just say that you don't feel the need to confess any sins or listen to unsubstantiated gossip and rumor and that when they have something concrete you'll possibly give them the time of day. Why run from them? They are NOBODY!!!! They like to intimidate, well, show them that you are not intimidated by their Gestapo tactics and could care less what they think. That'll make you feel better than running w/ your tail between your legs.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Castles, you need to cancel sweetie.

If they ask why, tell them for personal reasons or that you are depressed.

They might forget and not bother you again.

Ps, thanks for everything!

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

The problem with having a meeting is....there is one of you and 3 of them...not fair...you will be outnumbered, yeah it's easy to say, 'what are you afraid of?'...etc, etc.....it's not fear, it's just pointless, unless you want to be DA'd, just come out and let them know, no "formal" meeting needed.....I would just tell them, 'you know, I think I have all of my questions answered now...thank you for your concern'......let it be....don't put yourself through 'the meeting'.....it's not worth the stress....

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Evesapple sez:The problem with having a meeting is....there is one of you and 3 of them...not fair...you will be outnumbered

When I had my JC DF "kangaroo court" it was 6 against one

• New Castles
    New Castles

Thanks again for your responses!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit