Elders Meeting

by New Castles 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• New Castles
    New Castles

Allright let me tell you what happened yesterday. I went to the meeting yesterday because my cousin was visiting and wanted to know where the kh was located. I finally offered to go with her to avoid any issues. At the meeting everyone of couse is so excited to see me there. I got a lot of "its so good to see you" and "welcome back" and a very corny speech from a brother I don?t know, about how he is there for me. Anyways at the end of the meeting, one of the elders came up to me and asked if we could schedule a formal meeting. I panicked and agreed for Saturday afternoon. What was I thinking?? I have expressed to another elder the questions I have, and I think that?s what they want to talk about. I thought I was cool with everything until they decided to meet with me. Its crazy to think the control they have over people to make them react this way?.

What can I do?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Leave a message on their answering machine and tell them you had a change of heart, and won't be able to make the meeting.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

What are you so scared of. Unless you've done something wrong they cant do anything. even if you have they can't do any thing unless you tell them what you've done. Either ring them and cancel or just sit there eat s**t and smile. Whatever you do don't tell them anything. My mother has avoided them for years.

• Maya
    Maya

I don't know if you're baptized or not, but if you are........

Do NOT meet with them unless you are prepared for the fallout......call the elder at home and tell him you can't make the meeting and you will call HIM when you are able to schedule a better time.......and, of course, never call him back.......

Absolutely NO GOOD will come of this and I urge you to spare yourself the inevitable agony this meeting will cause you.

Just my opinion.......

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Under no circumstances have the meeting

but if you do - offer nothing.

If they ask the big question "Do you believe that the WTBTS is the channel God is using?", then say "yes" and leave.

• Special K
    Special K

Oh boy..

I've have been known to do that from time to time. Say yes and then in five minutes start panic..when I now know I really would like to have said NO.

Can you back track.. and change your mind on this (if you want)

Sincerely

SK

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

If things go bad and they threaten to DF you tell,them you will SUE.

Danny sez:$uing is better than stewing. { Edited:the protocol they have from their legal whores is to send you a certified letter if they want you bad enough.( if they go to this extreme it's to make an example of you as a whipping boy ) Danny sez: Send them a certified letter back,(to say you will $ue.) Gotta love it mates.His and her certified letters

• gumby
    gumby
    Either ring them and cancel or just sit there eat s**t and smile. Whatever you do don't tell them anything. My mother has avoided them for years.

LMAO.!

Good advise.

I was just in a discussion about how ones CANNOT just leave leave quietly as many dubs seem to think you can do. You cannot leave without being interogated with a series of questions such as "do you believe this is Jehovah's Organisation or not? You must either lie, or tell the truth. If you tell the truth, they will disassociate you for making such a claim or stand.

My advise is as others........cancell the meeting. You owe them nothing.

Gumby

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My only advice to you is to give the correct answers that pertain to the troof. Freely express that Jehovah's Witnesses have the one true religion, but you need a little bit more time to do some personal study on your own, get over health problems, or whatever. Just think of any excuse to avoid encouraging visits from them. You could also phone them up and tell them your great aunt Helga died, and the funeral is on Saturday, and it would be better to re-schedule. Tell them you'll call them back with a date to meet, then forget about them. Then change your phone number.

• RR
    RR

When we walked out of the Kingdom Hall, some 12 years ago, and the elders attempted to contact us, we just blew them off, they tried a few times and each time we said "no, we're busy" or "don't call us, we'll call you." 12 years later, we still haven't called.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit