Gleaning at Bethel

by Black Man 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Just had a flash of brilliance or a brain fart, whichever you prefer.

If someone who reads here happens to get roped into a Bethel visit sometime in the not too distant future.........

It would certainly be a shame if a video of Bethel Greeding er, Gleaning in all it's frenetic splendor were end up on YouTube.

Doncha' think?

OM

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

you smell something?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

No but I just saw a brilliant flash of light !

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I doctored that bland shit up pretty well back in my room.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hey Black Man....

There were 3 generations from my family in Bethel.....the first guys a long time ago taken away in hand cuffs...during WW2, they served time in prison. After pardoned served years in Bethel and had told our family for years about the big house out in California but no one believed them. (No internet to verify at the time) They also mentioned a cruise ship owned by the Society but I have never seen this mentioned anywhere. It was off the coast of California, and Rutherford etal, was on it many times.

There was much homosexuality in Bethel during those days, and continues to this day as far as I know.....I will not relay details.

A third generation son attended for a year, and came out almost insane. He is out of the witnesses at this point and is and exceptional artist. I also can not relay the details without exposing him.

Family in since 1929 if not earlier.

Gleaning as you described is just typical of the Rutherford era. It has not changed one iota.

r.

• BFD
    BFD

Wierd. Do you mean to tell me that if you wanted to go get a slice of pizza it was verbotten? How does the WT$ twist around the commune aspect of it all?

BFD

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I've been reminiscing(sp) over old post since Simon's announcement. It is good to know that the old post will live on in archive form. But as I look back over some of my favorite posters oldies I realize some thing. Ima kick black mans azz next time I see him. Bman and I are good friends and as I realize that he has been posting here since '01, I cant help but think what if he had told me about this site?

I like to think that I would have been open to the info and would have examined the evidence with an open mind. Truth of the matter you can never know. Looking back a lot of the info he was giving me came from this board and not the mysterious bethel source he always alluded to. Maybe I wont beat up on him but he has a helluva noogie coming.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Am I in company of the famous Firpo Carr here?

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

oh, I REALLY like the youTube video idea ALOT!!!!!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    Want to see Bethelites act like greedy scavengers? Just check out the tail end of bethel family breakfast, lunch or dinners. For those not familar with this phenomenon, Gleaning was when Bethelites could basically bring their tupperware dishes down and store up on the leftover meals once the family was dismissed (usually by prayer, except for the Bethel Dinner). You'd have greedy-ass Bethelites storing up on food for the next week or two depending on the meal. During the tail end of the family prayer over breakfast or lunch, you could just look around and see family members with their tupperware bowls in hand just waiting for the magic words "amen" then utter carnage would ensue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit