Tired? When will you stop talking about Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Joker10 50 Replies latest jw friends

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I just came out of the Org after being there for 20 years of my life. It is hard not to talk about. We are composed of many parts consisting of our past and it is much of what we are made up of. Being in denial of who we are and where we have been isn't healthy either. I still have a lot of purging today and need validation in coming out of this WT insanity. Hopefully someday I won't be so obsessed with it as I am now, but I still will want to lend an understanding ear in helping others who are trying to find their way out.

cybs

• heathen
    heathen

So far I never cease to be amazed at the stupidity of the WTBTS , after having been related to some and having first hand experience thru some personal bible studies I was always left with the feeling that these people are the strangest thing . I have never seen the organization so openly discussed before I visited this site so you might say became infatuated by the experiences and the attempts of the org. to cover up some serious transgressions . The UN scandal was one that totally amazed and stunned me because I know for a fact that the WTBTS demonized the organization and considered them to be Gods big time enemy then suddenly I'm reading the board and there it is and I didn't even realize it when I was studying that they had joined as an NGO .

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    And if so, when do you think it will be?

When they stop hurting people and breaking families apart.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

WHEN THE WATCHTOWER CLOSES ITS DOOR, FOR GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• divamom
    divamom

Joker,

I've met recovering alcoholics who have been going to an AA meeting a day for 40 years, and don't intend to stop until they die. I've known others who got sober with constant attendance at the beginning, and stay sober with weekly/monthly meetings. For me, once admitted I had a problem and decided to quit, I did meetings for the first three years and then didn't feel the need to continue. (I'll be 14 years clean & sober on July 1st - woohoo!)

For me, I see recovery from being a JW as being very similar. Everyone has their own "bottom" (when they really decide it's time to change), their own need for support (weekly/daily/hourly), and their own comfort level for participation (share every day, never share, share only when it "feels right"). And many of us take comfort in being able to help those who may need it, just as we did at the beginning.

So I think the answer to your question ("Don't you think there will be a point when you won't talk or even mumble about Jehovah's Witnesses?") will be different for each of us on this board; for me, the answer is "as soon as others stop needing to hear about it."

DivaMom

• Farkel
    Farkel

Anybody would agree that talking about Jehovah's Witnesses armageddon over and over, and then over some more can get anybody tired and sick. Except, of course, those who are obsessed over them it.

Quid pro quo!

Farkel

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I die and not a moment sooner

I have been working in the field of abuse for over 20 years now. I can't imagine not talking about it and trying to help others recover. Adding the issue of spiritual abuse I can easily imagine another 40 years of offering information and support to those who need it. By then I will either be dead or pretty close to it

BTW in 40 years I will be 92 so I expect to be talking for a very long time

Heck when I get my book done and published I just might go on "talking" for years after that too lol

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Yes I agree! I think I got most of that outta my system early on. Doctrinal discussions were my favorite. I quickly grew tired of them and now just enjoy fluff and nonsense. I do have family who are witnesses so I do get reminded. But I agree with Sally, I dont consider myself an Ex-JW anymore just a regular person.

p.s. I do appreciate the research that those obsessed (Farkel :)) do. It's great for new ones just starting to look for info.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Well i spent 33 years of the prime of my life supporting the WT$.Go into the woods a mile it will take the same to get out.Besides,i enjoy making the JW perps SQUIRM.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

What will make me stop? I want it all ! Everything promised to me ,i'll take it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit