Tired? When will you stop talking about Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Joker10 50 Replies latest jw friends

• exjdub
    exjdub

I had 30+ years in the Org...7 out... and only a few months on the JWD board. I have a lot of time to make up to match the time I wasted in the Org. If I looked at it from JW reasoning...it's kinda like the re-education work after the resurrection LOL. As long as there are people being "resurrected" from the JW cult, there is a need for the re-education work.

If everyone left JWD before I got here, how would I have known about the NGO issue? How would I have known that there are so many out there, like me, who felt that they were alone with their feelings about the Org? How would the hypocrites in the WTS be exposed? Big thank you to all of you who decided to stay.

exjdub

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

This is amusing- as someone kinda standing on the outside looking in. One of the major components of control used by the WTBS is repetition. Make these people- your "flock"- eat, sleep, breathe, walk and TALK Jehovah and all that goes with the whole "religion" for most of their lives. Make it so they can't turn it off in their lives.

And then, when some of them find out that it's NOT the "truth" then have the audacity to come out and tell them not to use that same repitition against them. "oh don't use it THAT way!!"

Just desserts I'd say.

• patio34
    patio34

My opinion on this is:

1. It isn't as if that's the only subject discussed on this board. We talk about a plethora of topics. And in my personal life, I never even mention JWs anymore.

2. The WTBS is an ongoing entity. I guess if it stopped functioning, then there wouldn't be anything to discuss. But as long as new people come here, as long as veterans can help newly escaped ones, as long as the WTBS keeps operating, then there'll be something to discuss.

Maybe it could be compared to politics. Some of us keep abreast of them all the time because it's always continuing and influencing our lives. JWs continue to influence most of us thru relatives that are still in.

Pat

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Joker, you obviously didn't become sick and tired of talking about it in your previous 467 posts, or the one you made after this one.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

One of the fringe benefits of my devotion to the 'word of God' was memorizing 2,000 scripts.Which I can now use in my counter-cult crusade.

I submit:Proverbs 10
    7 The memory of the righteous will be a blessing,
    but the name of the wicked will rot.

• mouthy
    mouthy

YooHoo Joker!!!!! Where are you?????? You ask a question surely you want us to answer you.

Or are you SO WELL TRAINED by the Watch-Tower that you DONT answer questions>>>>

Love ya!!!! even if you read the answers in "hiding" that is good you get the message -one day you may post on here & say "I'M FREE!!!!!!!! Boy will you get a welcome

Mouthy/Granny? or Undeserved kindness ( as the WT calls me....!!!!! You can call me what you like

• rocketman
    rocketman

I hardly discuss them any more - and my posting frequency has dropped accordingly. For some folks, it's necessary, even theraputic. For others, especially those with family or friends in the jw religion, the topic still comes up and they need this board for support.

• Deleted
    Deleted

Good question. I must be obsessed with it. But my wife and kids have let it go, in fact they are rarely interested. I was in for 18 years, a convert. This is my 6th year out and I still am interested in talking about it. And I do have a job and other interests so it's not like I have tons of time on my hands. I guess being an XJW is a hobby.

• LDH
    LDH

When your balls drop.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

LOL Lisa!

Hey girl how are you? How's the kids?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit