My Gas Guzzlers

by Princess 51 Replies latest social current

• Princess
    Princess
    Gee's I hate backing that van up. I try to park so I don't have to back out. (I just can't see) I can't imagine backing up your suv, princess. I'm just not a good backer-upper. lol

Yep, freaked me out when I drove it the first time and saw how far it was to that rear window. It has sensors all across the rear bumper to let me know when I'm close. I always back in to park...always. As the sensors see an object, it starts to beep. The closer I get, the faster the beeps. When it's a solid beep I stop and am usually about 6 inches from whatever I'm backing to. Plus, it has two mirrors on each side. One normal (big) and the other angles down so I can see the road and thus the parking stripes or whatever. Pretty much makes it a piece of cake. I am even quite good at parallel parking although it's hard to find a space that is big enough.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Princess,

"Diesel is more expensive than gas here. Last time I looked it was over $3 per gallon."

Wow! Washington State must be really high on gasoline, too!!!

Here in Texas, prior to the latest fuel crisis, diesel was about 20-cents more (I.E. 1.50/gal) than regular gas (I.E. 1.30/gal).

After the crisis, gas shot up to about 25-cents MORE (I.E. 2.00/gal) than diesel (I.E. 1.75 per gal).

Diesel engines usually get better fuel mileage than gasoline engines.

Regards,

Jim TX

*Note: All gallons are U.S. Gallons - not Imperial Gallons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit