My Gas Guzzlers

by Princess 51 Replies latest social current

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

You mean like this one?

Jeez, Six ... 13 MPG out of a 318? Glad I stuck with GM products. I average around 16, and have gotten 17 on my Texas banzai runs even with the 350 and automatic tranny.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I have 4 kids, so when we go somewhere its a six total figure. How am i supposed to fit my babies in an economical smart car without breaking the law?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Go, go, Gadget! Chris and I drive 50 miles roundtrip each, every work day, so we own Honda Civic sedans. They're not the most exciting cars in the world, but they get about 36 mpg and can fit the kids and dogs. Hey, I'd rather have a Dodge Durango, but I can't afford the gas.

Nina

• Gadget
    Gadget

Its a Rover 115, its got a 1.5ltr diesel engine. My old car had a 1.4 diesel engine, but was underpowered and died after 165,000 miles. This ones still going well and has a lot more power than the old one. My worst ever car for mpg was an old Fiat x1/9 (20mpg......). It was so much fun to drive but too unreliable to use all the time so I swapped it for a GT Turbo.

• Sassy
    Sassy

mine is a Toyota Echo..

mine is not this new though... it's a 2001. The gas mileage is good though....

I am looking at getting a Prius because I hear they are changing the laws in California to allow the Hybrids in the carpool lanes.. and MAN I need that.. not to mention the fuel savings!

• Princess
    Princess
    But if it's not a gas-guzzler, I shudder to think what you think is!

I just meant it's not compared to the other two. I sold a Sienna minivan for the Excursion. It got around 20-25 mpg. That's about the best mileage of any of the cars I've owned.

Jim, that's a beauty of a beetle. Your comments cracked me up.

Nina with a commute like that, you are smart to drive what you do. Like I said, only because I work from home.

Next week the company logo goes on and it starts to serve it's purpose. Our customer's are mostly way across town so by my driving the HOG around locally, we are trying to stir up some local business. Also, the more they see the name on my truck and Steve's, the bigger we appear and the more likely they are to call.

• Princess
    Princess
    I am looking at getting a Prius because I hear they are changing the laws in California to allow the Hybrids in the carpool lanes.. and MAN I need that.. not to mention the fuel savings!

They don't allow them in carpool lanes? Why? That's crazy.

The Toyota dealer used to give me a Prius when my Sienna was in the shop. We live in a hilly area though and I was temped just to push it up some of them. Hardly used a drop of gas while I drove it. You are supposed to bring it back with the same amount in the tank. I would just squeeze the nozzle and call it good. They have REALLY improved the look though.

Dan-O, I was wondering what kind of mileage the big trucks get. Thanks for the info. A friend of mine drives a Ford F-250 crew cab with canopy on back and the same engine as my Ford. He must be getting around the same as me.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yeah DanO, it's supposed to do a little better than that, but not much. The crazy thing is, my neighbor has a new 3500 doolly with the cummins diesel, and he gets around 17-18 mpg. I've got transmission problems that just showed up in the last two days, so maybe its been a subtle problem all along?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Princess...

HOG = High Occupancy Guzzler... right?

Regards,

Jim TX

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I own a Jeep Liberty which I primarily use winters cause it gets bad up here in Orange County, snow and ice and I use the liberty for going to Sams Club and hauling junk and my Dog to the vet. MY summer car is my Maxima which is much better on gas but is not great for hauling stuff and my German Shep doesn't look comfortable in the back!

The liberty is terrible on gas but is a decent SUV, not as big as the Suburban or Exucursion which I simply would not need but I'm sure people out there need them other than just status symbols.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit