My Gas Guzzlers

by Princess 51 Replies latest social current

• Princess
    Princess

Gas Guzzling Excursion in front, Land Cruiser (not really a guzzler but still the dreaded SUV) and Isuzu NPR (not an SUV but a guzzler.)

There you have it folks. All my sins (and Steve too) in my driveway.

Now I know I'm not alone. There must be other sinners willing to post pics of their sins.

Rachel

• Sassy
    Sassy

yeah.. as much as I hate my little car... I sure do appreciate right now with gas prices so high not having to pay to fill it... with my commute I'd never made rent if I had to fill that baby of yours and have my commute to work each day!

• Gadget
    Gadget

I do a lot of miles, and fuel is so expensive here I drive a car that does 70 mpg, but I can still thrash it enough to get 100mph too (Only joking officer.........)

• Princess
    Princess

Sassy, it does help that I work from home. The Land Cruiser we drive mainly when hauling scuba gear or bicycles on the weekends, or the occasional trip into Seattle where parking an Excursion can be difficult.

The Excursion I drive on average 100 miles a week.

NPR gets the most miles since it's the work vehicle.

• Princess
    Princess

Wow Gadget, that's impressive mileage. What is that? They don't make it here in the US.

• Realist
  • Princess
    Princess

Where do the kids sit?

I've seen a similar one around town. Seats one and looks like a death trap but probably very green despite it's bright yellow exterior.

They remind me of recumbent bicycles with the aerodynamic covers.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We are kind of stuck with our '89 Buick. Gas mileage is about 20 MPG. That's good mileage for an old car. No way we can afford car payments. I'd never get to travel.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... not sure how this thang works... I have tried to include a photo... oh me and my 1998 VW Beetle.

It does very well, and gets me around on about 45 to 50 miles per gallon - which is much better than any Mitsubishi Galant could ever dream of doing.

(If it doesn't show up - you will have to use your imagination. It's sitting in my driveway.)

Regards,

Jim TX

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Beautiful LandCruiser! But if it's not a gas-guzzler, I shudder to think what you think is! Yikes, mine got 13mpg. Which, suckily, is exactly what my full size Ram truck with a small v-8 gets. Weird, now that I think about it, that's what my RangeRover got too. Maybe I have a 13mpg foot that has bad luck with gas mileage

I have every excuse for having a full size truck, but I'm thinking of selling it and getting an older one, maybe a diesel (a bigger diesel would still get better mileage than my 318 v8) and then buy a more environmentally friendly car for all the driving I do where I don't have to have a truck (about 50% or more).

Dallas is full of people driving Excursions and Suburbans to work, alone. You're all going straight to hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit