Who is the most famous person you know or have met?

by confusedjw 94 Replies latest jw experiences

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Freddie Franz. I guess everybody here has heard about him? Must be famous.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    Said he couldn't go anywhere without being bugged by "little brats" like me wanting autographs. I was pretty little and it terrified me - this huge black dude yelling at me. LOL! We left the restaurant, with me in tears. I remember wishing my dad were with me because he would have told that guy off! As we were leaving, Tom Selleck ran after me with a napkin in hand with his signature scribbled on it. I remember he smiled really big and apologized for his "friend" and then ruffled my hair as he walked away.

Could be why we no longer see that dingleberry anymore on TV but we do see Tom. Anyone who would be mean to kids, needs a good swift kick in the rear.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I havent met anybody famous yet...

• Corvin
    Corvin

Bill Clinton. Hell of a public speaker.

[Edited to say] This man, Austin Pendleton, out of all the famous people I have ever met and gotten to know, is without a doubt my hero!

alt Sam and son James Waterston. Both really cool.

alt . . . also got to watch Lorenzo and his wife get tats on their ankles.

Jane Seymore (meow) and her husband . . . one of the Keach brothers I think?

Been involved a bit in the TV and movie industry in San Diego. Also use to manage a hotel near the Globe Theatre where lots of actors stayed during their shows. Seen lots more, but never met them.

Corvin

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

That is so kewl you got to meet Jane Seymour. "Somewhere in Time" is one of my all-time favorite movies.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    "Somewhere in Time" is one of my all-time favorite movies.

LOL, me too. How gay is that?

Corvin

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

very!

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Kenny Chesney, Mindy McCready, The Wilkinsons, and Tori Amos. The first 3 were by accident, and I had no idea who they were to begin with. Lol! Tori Amos, though...wow. That was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. She has incredible energy. Leolaia and Emma...Noam Chomsky and Gloria Steinem??? You guys rock!!!! Those are two people I would love to talk to! ~asortafairytale~

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

In no particular order:

Pierre Trudeau. Joe Clark, Brian Mulroney, Slyvester Stallone, Demi Moore, Nicole Kidman, Olivia Newton John (1980), Supertramp, Jeff Healy, all of the Miss Canada's and Miss Teen Canada for the past 4 years plus all the gals competing, David Hasselhoff, Charles Bronson, Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Kate Hudson, Dianne Ladd, Mike Bullard (Canadian fame), Brittany Spears, all the kids in Leahy, Richard Dreyfuss, the past two Premiers of Ontario, Past Mayor of Toronto (Mel Lastman), the entire Canadian Olympic Team from 2002 including Jamie Sele and the gals of the gold medal Hockey team. (The guys hockey team didn't associate with the rest of the Olympians).

I know I am forgeting a few but for the most part they were simply people I met just like dozens of other 'non famous people' I meet weekly. The only difference being they have their lives under a microscope. I prefer being behind the scenes rather than being in the spotlight. Most of the 'famous' people like to be treated as normal folks and miss the days when they weren't a household name. Note I said most. Some relish in the spotlight.

Uzzah

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Some relish in the spotlight.

As I embark on a new career in food photography, I hope to soon have a chance to spotlight the relish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit