Who is the most famous person you know or have met?

by confusedjw 94 Replies latest jw experiences

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

I went to middle school with Sabrina Lloyd (Sliders, Fatherhood, most recently Ed). She totally badmouths our hometown in interviews. "Boo hoo, everyone hated me, because I had a weird name like Sabrina." Hello--try having a name like Gwyneth--no one in America could pronounce it before Ms Paltrow was in the news every two seconds, and I was called Glenn, Quinn, Gwen, Glynn, Gwendolyn, Wynn, Gwinnitt, it was spelled Gywnyth, Gwenyth, Qwiyn,etc. (Every day I get mail for credit card solitications or car sale flyers is an adventure in spelling.) The reason everyone hated you was because you were mean!!!

I met the Maguire Sisters after a concert in 1996...they invited the whole audience to the Ramada Inn afterwards--so we went! It was so spur of the moment that I didn't have any paper, so I asked Front Desk if they had anything, and they gave me small pieces of paper that were made from cut up print-out sheets. I got all their autographs--Christine, Dorothy and Phyllis--Phyllis signed hers "Sincerely, Phyllis Maguire" How cute! But most amazingly, when I looked at the back of the sheet, the Front Desk had given me print-outs of the Maguire Sisters' room charges--can't get more authenticated than that!!

I met the three existing members of Duran Duran during a radio station promotion. Simon LeBon, while he is scribbling his name on my CD, sternly and emphatically told me that Napster was evil and they were stealing his money, and I was not to download music. This was July 2000, before the doo-doo really hit the fan about downloading. I went to Napster after he said that, out of curiosity, and couldn't figure out how it worked.

Brandy Johnson, gymnast, was my client for one job, when she was in a pinch.

Michael Andrew, from Swingerhead. Have the whole band's autographs, or what was his band in 1998-99. He is more solo now, I think.

Margo Timmins of Cowboy Junkies. I love her; she always signs autographs after a show, and I always wait in line.

I met some Bethel royalty in 1986, sat at the head table or something to eat a meal. Can't remember the name--Russell Kurzin? Sound right? The people who pulled strings to have me sit there made it seem like I was seated with the Queen of England. I was properly awestruck, for a 16 year old.

I would love to meet Chris Cornell. He is just plain beautiful.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Scotsman:I also met Frank Bruno, after a pantomime he was playing in - LOL.

• JH
    JH

Uncle Bill Gates.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I met Ann Druyan, wife of Carl Sagan, when Carl was in Seattle for his last cancer treatments in 1996. I had an opportunity to thank Ann (and indirectly, Carl) for COSMOS and explained how helpful it was to me when I was leaving the JW cult. I had wished for an opportunity to meet Carl in person, but it never came.

I went to the same Junior High School as Gene Klein, who was ahead of me by one year. I didn't know him then, because I was an introverted schmuck. Some things never change. A few years later Gene Klein changed his name to Gene Simmons, and now the whole world knows who he is.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    He was with Christian Slater.

Maybe that was during the making of Interview With A Vampire?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit