Who is the most famous person you know or have met?

by confusedjw 94 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover
    undercover

What? Nobody said Mike Musto?

A. J. Foyt - Probably the greatest race car driver ever.
    I met Dale Earnhardt (Sr). He gets my vote for best driver.
  • Emma
    Emma

Gloria Steinem. She was staying on the same floor of a hotel one weekend. We rode the elevator up together and nodded and said hello. I figured she was always meeting people who recognized her so I left her alone. The next morning, we met in the hall so I acknowledged that I recognized her and we had a brief chat. She's a stunning woman and very warm, too.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I ride now and then with Eric Burden of the Animals. He lives about fifteen miles from my house. I have been with him more than once when he has given an impromptu performance at a Bar we have stopped at for a drink or two... He has signed all my Animal CDs/Albums....

When I was in Photojournalism, I met a lot of persons, Regan, Bowie, Paul McCartney (that was a blast..), and many others...

• AlanF
    AlanF

I speak to God all the time and he answers back.

AlanF

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I've met Frank Carson, Roy Chubby Brown and of course................ LT!

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

What do you speak about? salvation and interior decorating?

• shera
    shera
    Collen Farel (sp?)

OMG!!!! I wanna hang with you Chevy!

• Badger
    Badger

Chevy's got the hookup!

Mine: Ken Griffey Jr., Barry Switzer, Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

When I was in Plains, Georgia several years ago, I met former President Jimmy Carter and wife. I have a picture of me taken with them to prove it.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I've met some famous people from various backgrounds, and been friends to a couple, but I don't like talking about celebrities because this kind of celebrity "E: channel" adulation disgusts me.

But I will say, just because he was a true friend growing up, that I did go to school with a director you will probably hear more from in the coming years. Brian Avenet-Bradley and I went to the same small rural high school. He just got a lot of acclaim for his recent film, "Ghost in the Needle". Growing up, he was the only person I knew that seemed transparent to all the little barriers which children and teenagers throw up around themselves in a sad sort of caste system. Brian was beyond that, and he was truly talented. As an semi-pro filmmaker in high school, he was as comfortable on stage, (but not in his desk.. he fidgetted too damn much), as he was in front of his old videocamera.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit