Have you had a midlife crisis? A sort of poll....

by FlyingHighNow 76 Replies latest members private

• roybatty
    roybatty
    I WANT A SPORTS CAR!!!!!!!!

A year ago I had the same desire so I went a bought a brand new Corvette rag top. I sits in my garage. Ug! What a waste! If you buy one, be sure to use it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It was $3.99 a pound

Go to Sav-a-lot. I paid $2.99 today.

Awww, Roy, crank up the Jimi Hendrix and take your lady for a ride.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

The $3.99 a pound butter is kinda like the $1.97 a gallon gasoline ... as much as I may bitch about the price, I'm gonna buy it anyway, because I wanna buy it. Gasoline, butter, Budweiser ... some things just can't be passed up.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Gasoline, butter, Budweiser ... some things just can't be passed up.

Yes, but just don't mix them. I don't think they'd taste good together and you might get sick.

• codeblue
    codeblue

No not yet...

But maybe I should have based on my past history.

Married to husband number1 that cheated on me repeateldy...for 20 years....going thru a retched divorce that brought me to anorexia...

Watched my Mom die when I was 14...and my Dad die when I was 28.....

But somehow...I am driven to live and live with sensibleness........not sure when that bubble will break or ever will...

Life is life.........I try to live it to my best...despite good or bad...And I have someone in my life that truly loves me.

Maybe, that's why I haven't gone thru a midlife crisis........and maybe because like another poster said: "I have good genes and I look young".....

Codeblue

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Good thread! BTTT!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I love that poem Flyin', that is too cute.

I do think I have been looking at things differently in the last few months,,,in regards to my age. Sometimes when I go out dancing at night clubs,,,,, I suddenly feel like I don't really fit in. The music at times gets too loud, the younger people there get on my nerves, and I start wishing I was home sooner. Not every time is like that , sometimes I go out and feel like I used to when I first began going out. When I left the borg,,,,, I started for the first time in my life, having a social life, so I figured that was the reason I was partying so much. I still think that was the reason I was so excessive with it in the beginning.

Now I have slowed it down and go out once a week , sometimes I don't dance as my feet hurt with arthritis( been having that since childhood) but I still like to get out, just not as ready to dance as before.

Now I look at my oldest son and I feel my age. It is hard to think you are 25 when your kid is 17.....lol.

I am not overly upset about my getting older, at this point, as I still feel there is so much more for me to accomplish , so many things I havent done yet.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    But somehow...I am driven to live and live with sensibleness........not sure when that bubble will break or ever will...

Code, this is a very good philosophy to live by. Sounds like your life has been filled with loss but you land on your feet. I too look young. I had a lady tell me she thought I was 18 the other day. Now that's rare. Usually they think I am 25. My crisis wasn't so much about looks as it was realizing that as Stevie Nicks so beautifully said, "Even children get older and I'm gettin' older, too." I think I was very surprised just that it happened so fast.I still let the little girl in me rule though.

Thank you, Sunny

I do think I have been looking at things differently in the last few months,,,in regards to my age.

Dede, hopefully this is just all that's going to happen is that you are going to look at things differently. You are one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, inside and out. There is just something honest and real and genuine about you. You have an infectious smile that is full of wisdom. You're going to be like Yvonne DeCarlo who played Lilly Munster. She looked gorgeous as long as she lived and she never had plastic surgery.

Flyin'

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Bttt

Anyone else?

• bem
    bem

Flyin' mam' for you :

Excellent thinking with this thread, Thanks again for the start. You are so right about this thread being helpful. I hope others enjoy it also. I keep thinking about that phrase " this too shall pass"

LyinEyes your such a doll, Wait till your oldest is 25 & you stop to think. and forget to start back again.LOL

I appreciate the guy's comments as well. Nice to have the Guy side of the story.

Bem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit