Have you had a midlife crisis? A sort of poll....

by FlyingHighNow 76 Replies latest members private

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I think I had my mid-life crisis at 14. So if that was my mid-life crisis, then CRAP, I only have 4 more years to live

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    who is to know what is what?

Sassy, the clue is that you worry about age issues, etc. I have a feeling your crises will slow down now that you have escaped the borg. My life is much more calm since I left.

I think I had my mid-life crisis at 14. So if that was my mid-life crisis, then CRAP, I only have 4 more years to live

OMG! You are soooo funny. You'd better hurry up and sow those wild oats, Chevy.

Flyin'

• Sassy
    Sassy

well then.. I refuse to even think about age... so I must not have had one yet!!

• undercover
    undercover

I think I've had one. At the time I didn't think it was one though, looking back it must have been.

When I first started fading, but long before finding this place, I started hanging out with workmates. Some of these workmates were young attractive females. I ended up, not exactly dating, but spending a lot of time with one. Temptations were there to consumate our frienship into more than what it was, but we both knew it would be a mistake. During this time I spent a lot of time partying, going to strip clubs, meeting girls in bars, etc. Over time, I slowly realized that I wasn't young anymore and that I couldn't keep up that kind of pace. My young "girl" friend found another job and though we remain friends, we have gone our separate ways. Since then, I have kept the partying to sensible levels and usually with my wife along. The temptations to do wrong were just too much when I partied without her. Sometimes I look back and am amazed that I didn't do anything more stupid than I did do.

This isn't to say that I have accepted being over the hill. I refuse to grow old the traditional way. I will still try my best to stay young-minded and open-minded. I just do it with some self-control and common sense now.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    well then.. I refuse to even think about age... so I must not have had one yet!!

Sassy, you seem like such a gentle, free and kind spirit. I hope you never have a bad one. I don't think they have to be bad. I think you probably are going through a mid life transformation from reading your posts. You have so much good support here and good friends to keep you up and feeling good about yourself.

Flyin'

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I had my first "Midlife Crisis" at 25... "OMG!!! I'm almost friggin THIRTY!!!!!!"

I had another at 30.... "OMG!!! I'm friggin THIRTY... that's half way to SIXTY!!!!"

I anticipate I will have another at about 35. I think I'm on the Five Year plan.

• minimus
    minimus

Is there sch a thing? I don't know for sure. I do think we all tend to review our lives, esp. when we get in our 40's, esp. when we realize we WASTED decades in a stupid religion!.....Frank, bud, if you were willing to leave your wife for Italy with the kids, how is she your center of the universe?......As for me----yeah, I'm probably going thru "it".......One thing I'm convinced of is we MUST TRY to enjoy our lives at this stage.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I think I had one at 28 or so. This is when my JW exit began and I looked back upon my life totally influenced by "my" decisions that originated with the JW. I realized that I this decision would influence also my entire remaining life.

This was a terrible time but I am feeling much better now, also changed some things.

But I hope that I will not have a "real" midlife crisis in the future. :-(

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    This isn't to say that I have accepted being over the hill. I refuse to grow old the traditional way. I will still try my best to stay young-minded and open-minded. I just do it with some self-control and common sense now.

Undercover, I am impressed that you didn't get into trouble and gained new appreciation for your wife. Wonderful contribution to this thread, thank you.

I anticipate I will have another at about 35. I think I'm on the Five Year plan.

Else, don't fear it, it's not a bad thing and usually it comes in the late 30s or during the forties.

As for me----yeah, I'm probably going thru "it".......One thing I'm convinced of is we MUST TRY to enjoy our lives at this stage.

Mini, I think you probably are going through it. Nanci Griffith said at her concert when she had just hit forty, "Me and my friends decided we don't have to do anything anymore unless it's fun." We can try to make anything fun if we try hard enough. Thanks for stopping by my thread, Minimus. I enjoy your thoughts on things, especially the more in depth thoughts.

This was a terrible time but I am feeling much better now, also changed some things.

But I hope that I will not have a "real" midlife crisis in the future. :-(

German, just keep a positive attitude and realize they weren't joking when they said, "This too shall pass."

I'll come back and check for more later. I really appreciate all of the wonderful contributions to this thread here. This thread will help so many. I can tell this already. to all of you.

Flyin'

• FlyingHighNow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit