MEN ONLY- Freezing up at the Urinal!

by Funchback 94 Replies latest jw friends

• Funchback
    Funchback

Women are invited to read this but they most certainly won't be able to relate.

I know there have to be a lot of men out there who can't pee while in a crowded public restroom (bathroom).

Personally, the more people who surround me while I'm standing at the urinal, the more difficult it is for me to pee. For example, when I go to a sporting event and I have to pee really bad, I go stand in line at the Men's Room and wait for a urinal to become available. Then, when I step up to go, I CAN'T! Why does this happen?!? And I'm not the only one. I remember a radio talk show host in Philly said he had the same problem and a lot of men called in and said they have the same problem.

I'm not uncomfortable with my body, so it's not an "envy" thing. I focus and concentrate by either staring straight at the wall or down at my "manhood". Yet, the "water" refuses to flow.

Is it a privacy thing? Is it because the man peeing next to you is only inches away? Is it because you are under pressure to hurry up because of the long line behind you?

What is the friggin' problem?

Brian of the My-Eyes-Are-Turning-Yellow Class

• Valis
    Valis

Funchies...stopi staring at the other mate's jublies! *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Funchback
    Funchback

Hey, Valis...

I don't even like looking at my own jublie!

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* In any case nice to see you around Funch...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Women are invited to read this but they most certainly won't be able to relate. <snip>

Is it because you are under pressure to hurry up because of the long line behind you?

Well, I can relate to that!! lol We got way longer lines than you (rarely do I see men lining out the door)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Funch,

You must take the bull by the "horn" no pun intended. You have a very common I can't pee in public phobia,,it strikes both men and (women too, in foreign contries).

To over come this pee in public phobia,,I would recommend you meeting you fears head on. Here what you do: Drink one glass after another of water until you drink six 12 oz glasses. Wait 20 minutes,,make sure you in a very public place,,like a crowded mall near a water fountain, or better yet your local police station,,make a pack with yourself that you will not leave the spot until you have urinated. Do not move from that spot eventually nature will take over and you will be forced to pee,,when that finally happens you will be free forever up the phobic afliction.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Ah, Leolaia, YES...you CAN relate to long lines behind you, but here's the difference: You women can go in the stall, and shut & lock the door. You have privacy.

Us men have 50-100 OTHER men staring at us, saying to themselves (or, even out loud), "Why the heck is that idiot taking so long?!?"

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi

What you have may be "Shy Bladder Syndrome" . It's pretty common. Here's a link to the WebMD site:

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/14/1674_51491.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I don't quite follow you. Do you really need to pee standing up? Why couldn't you go into a stall, lock the door, sit down, and pee. Would that help get around the problem??

• SuperMommy
    SuperMommy

It is healthier for your prostate if you sit when you pee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit