Do I really upset people on here?

by ScoobySnax 75 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

"Kindness wins"

I remember this fable being told to me when I was a boy.

Scoob

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    "Kindness wins"

I remember this fable being told to me when I was a boy.

okay- what -more specifically does that mean to you? Here is my question: What is it, to you, in relation to this message board, that represents "kindness" and then, what doesn't?

XW

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

kindness: when you ask a question and you get an answer

unkindness: ask a question ,get ignored

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Xena

"Kindness Wins"

It stands on it own merits. It isn't related to you or me or this board and what you I or anyone else thinks in relation to anything. YET at the same time it is all of these things. and More.

It doesn't need me to explain. I don't think I could

Scoob

• onacruse
    onacruse

galaxy7:

kindness: when you ask a question and you get an answer

Yes. Part (and by no means a small part) of my experience here has been that people won't let me off the hook! I distinctly remember one thread, where I politely tried to 'back out,' and a poster called me and said "Craig, now you just get your butt back in there, and finish the discussion!"

LOLOL

To this day, that discussion remains one of the most meaningful, and personally productive.

With that memory: Scott, I ask again--Do you think you have avoided answering questions? Do you see anything in your posting "style" as a passive-aggressive behavior?

Sincerely,

Craig

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    It stands on it own merits. It isn't related to you or me or this board and what you I or anyone else thinks in relation to anything. YET at the same time it is all of these things. and More.

I asked you what your message (to this board) with that piece was and your response was "Kindness wins" but now that isn't related to this board?

I don't get it. Why did you post that piece then? And why were you so adamant that someone find it for you if what it means to you isn't related to the board or anyone on it?

XW of the "confused" class

• xenawarrior
  • xenawarrior
  • Celtic
    Celtic

Personally, I don't get something here either, pardon me, Xenawarrior and one or two others, what don't you get? Cos what Scoob wrote and his meaning behind it, I saw as clear as daylight straightaway, pardon me, I just get the feeling, and don't take it the wrong way, cos you know I like you too, but your comments on page three seem to be just to bait, for, if he answers this way, or that way, you will still think to come up with something smart, just to bring him back down again, and for a reason, I cannot work out. It really IS that simple wrote he wrote, he made the point as simple as can be, it could not be exemplified upon.

---

Morning Scooby, another beautiful hot sunny day, think I'm off for either a walk on the cliffs, a visit to a garden, maybe chill out on one of the many beaches or coves somewhere, perhaps buy my Sunday lunch at at a decent pub, ahhhh the choices are endless, hope everything is well with you this morning, best wishes, Mark.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

I feel such a kindred spirit towards those who share my personal experience as a former JW that I simply can't allow myself to become too angry with any of them. This doesn?t excuse negative behavior, but I always want to disagree agreeably with my fellow former JW friends.

Nobody, I mean nobody can possibly know what it is like to be a JW and to leave the group (with the possible exception of other cultic groups of course). It creates a strong bond that I believe cannot be broken.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit