Do I really upset people on here?

by ScoobySnax 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Xena.........that WAS cute........even tho I CAN'T STAND those intelligence insulting survival shows!!! Never watched a one, and proud of it!

Terri

• Sassy
    Sassy

I've never had a problem with you Scoob.........

I'm always sorry when any of you get into little confrontations... cuz it makes for wasted energy..

but.. I've never been in the middle of any of them so I dont' even know what they are about.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

First of all, I'm not part of any clique here. So what I've said and my opinion are just that, mine. Yes, I have been upset at things you've said, and said so. I thought this was a forum to be able to do that, and still get along in an overall way.

Scooby. you have a right to your opinion just as much as I or anyone else does. So when someone offers a different perspective, or a different take on things, why not look at it like that?

What you might also want to think about is how you deliver what you're trying to say. How you respond to others. I mean, we all have to take a certain amount of accountability to choose our words so we don't hurt and do more damage to people than they've already been through (okay, we actually don't *have* to do this...but isn't the world a much nicer place when you think before you dump crap on people, and no, Scooby that's not directed at you per se, but everyone...and this is my personal philosophy...to be able to speak my mind in a respectful way and not cause more hurt than necessary).

As for your leaving, that is truly up to you. What you need to figure out is what you are trying to get out of this board for yourself...why you post here. Without getting into analyzing your character to death (because I neither know you, nor is that fair to do to you), what you say here sometimes contradicts and might just be too "in your face" for some. Is that bad? Not necessarily. But if you're going to be that person here, you need to remember that you're quite possibly going to be misunderstood, and a target. It's a trade off. And your posts seem to be very pro-JW (not taking a middle ground even, but way more left to that direction)...that along can cause hard feelings.

I personally wouldn't want to see you go. Like I said on the last thread, I look at your topics and think they might be interesting to read. It's when I get inside and it's one squabble after another that I get turned off. That's me, my personal thing. Someone else may find what you have to say and the way you put it, just perfect for them.

I think there's room for everyone here, as long as we all remember that there are real people behind the text and treat people accordingly. It would be a shame to become as exclusive as the place we left.

• Golf
    Golf

Scob, if you can upset me, I'll take you out to dinner.

Guest 77

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Thanks for your replies. I think this......

I have posted as I saw fit to many different posts here, some I agreed with others I didn't. After all thats what an open forum is all about. Yes I lost my rag a bit on some posts and have quickly been shot down in others. In fact if you had the time or the inclination (I haven't) to look back at my posts, many times I have got a kick in the mouth for just stating what I believe, much harsher than I've ever dished out. Thats ok. I wonder why though some here see the need to hound so much..... I must really get up their noses.

That in itself makes me want to stay, its not because I want to wind people up, its just that its good sometimes to have a different opinion. Leave the gay, sitting on the fence, tell the elders your here, stop whining, hypocrite lines out. Just accept that we'll not all the same, and there's a person behind the screen. Who still has a viewpoint, yep thats right....Just like you.

Scoob

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

Way to go Scooby...............

Elmer

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Scooby

I think everyone would fair better if everyone remembered that there are real people behind these screens-- all of who have real feelings. At times many are in circumstances they cannot explain or understand. It goes both ways. I feel for you having your feelings hurt and I hope you are ok. Anyone who has been hurt by anyone.ALL have to focus on the fact that many of us would not say the things we do here in real life. Why do we feel it's ok to do so here in this one dimensial world?

I'm glad your staying.

Cassi

• xenawarrior
  • ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

lol Xena.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yeah you upset me.

You didn't reply to my post. Ya little dork.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit