Take a look at these beautiful winged creatures!

by scootergirl 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

Hello Scootergirl,

Great Pics. I especially liked the "Rose Breasted Grosbeck". We have had two pairs of them in our yard here in Florida.

I've been birding for over 25 years and all over the country. The best sighting I ever had was in Montana just off Logans Pass. I was in an Alpine Meadow, looked up and way up there, I spotted two Golden Eagles. They circled and circled each other then they came together.

With bodies close they fell together like a rock. About 50 feet from meadow they broke and soared in opposite directions. I've studied how they mate, but to witness it first hand brought me to my knees. I wept in joy.

Thanks for the pics and happy birding......

Elmer

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Wow, ElmerF, what a site to see! I would have cried too!

Speaking of which, last week I saw my budgie mate. It was the most beautiful thing to watch as the male wrapped his wings around the female. Very very moving.

We have lots of bald eagles out this way. They are magnificiant creatures to watch. Maybe someday I will be lucky enough to see two mate.

Thanks Stephanie and Big Tex. Yes, that is one of my favorites of Nathan. He was so ecstatic to be able to touch the fawn. The neighbors named him "Peanut" and he comes by the house every now and again and Nathan runs out and feeds him a carrot.

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

Dear Scootergirl,

This little Palm Wabler visited my home for about an hour. It pooped on one of computers, but I didn't care.

Happy birding

Elmer

• shera
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie

I would give anything to let my girls experience playing with a deer like that. My 2 year old gets excited over a kitty cat, I can only imagine if she had bambi eating off of her hand...

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

It is quite an experience, Stephanie, for our kids. I have to say that all three of mine have an appreciation for animals (domestic and wild). Thanks for the correct spelling ElmerF on the Grosbek. I am terrible at spelling!

NICE pics, Shera! My fellow bird fanatic! LOL

• Elmer J. Fudd
    Elmer J. Fudd

One more thing, my fellow birder! I built and put up a bat house up about 22 feet high. It can hold about 300 bats.

Now, I enjoy my flying friends day and night. It's quite a sight to see the bats come out and consume the bugs in my yard.

Regards,

Elmer

• shera
  • scootergirl
    scootergirl

300 bats?! That would be a site to see. Hmmm...we do have lots of bugs here in the summer.

• heyfea
    heyfea

Hello Scootergirl,

Your pictures are great! I loved them!! It kind of looks like pictures from National Geographics. I'm very happy that you folks get up close to these beauties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit