Take a look at these beautiful winged creatures!

by scootergirl 59 Replies latest jw friends

• shotgun
    shotgun

My gawd scootergirl, those crows are all different colours!

Nice pics...

http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Tweety/lttw_003.wav

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Wow Ken- that is awful !!

Yep- they are terrible birds. And then they seem to get bored with one place and move on to the next place.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

How beautiful! Thanks for sharing that! Your photos were wonderful.

Nina

• Englishman
    Englishman

It fascinates me that so many US birds have their English counterparts.

For example, the big finch at the top is identical to our native hawfinch apart from the colouring:

The crested tit only visits Scotland, but you can see the similarity here:

alt

I guess they all show some sort of evolution...

Englishman.

• copsec
    copsec

Great pics~! Don't you just love the little finches? We have quite alot of them along with a huge amount of hummingbirds. The Hummingbirds are my fave. They are so delicate!

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

YES, copsec, the finches are great! I love the Purple and Yellow Finches. So pretty and so little. We just put our hummingbird feeder up last weekend and have a few that have finally found it.

I LOVE birds, domestic and wild. They hold a very special place in my heart. I am amazed at them being such little creatures and how they live. We have quite a few nests around our yard and last weekend, Filthy and I sat out w/a cup of coffee and binoculars and were watching them flit about getting their nests ready.

Along w/the wild birds, I love the birds inside of our house. I have eight budgies and two cockatiels. It is funny when the windows are opened and the outside birds are chirping as well as the inside birds! LOL

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/scootergirl/Cockatiels/?action=view&slideshow=true

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/scootergirl/Budgies/?action=view&slideshow=true

• copsec
    copsec

Wow, I can imagine that it can get quite loud! I am funny about birds. I absolutely LOVE watching them and having them around but I cannot handle them being on me. I don't know why. I have never had a bird hurt me or anything, I am just funny about them touching me. Weird, huh?

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I can understand....lol...I know a few people like that.

See, I love it when my birds perch on me here. It shows a total trust on their part and when they nuzzle with me I am in heaven! It has taken quite some time for the Budgies to trust me, and fortunately, the Cockatiels came from a home that they spent lots of time w/them and were very well trained when I brought them here. I have to laugh, when I am holding them they say "Pretty Bird" like they need some sort of affirmation!

I would love to be able to have a Chickadee (my FAVORITE wildbird) eat out of my hand outside. That is one of my goals this year is to spend some time outside by the feeders so that they get use to me being there and try to feed them myself.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Incredibly beautiful colors!! I sure wish I had birds in my yard that looked like that. We have some cardinals, but that's about all. Oh and two parrots.. but they aren't in the yard..hehehe.

CG

• copsec
    copsec

SG,

Please tell me you are not one of those people who let their birds eat right out of their mouths???? My ex's grandmother would let her parakeet take food out of her mouth and it grossed me out so bad. I think thats why I have an aversion to them being on me. LOL ! Have you ever seen the bird called a titmouse? We had a nest of them a couple of years ago and when the babies were learning how to fly, one of them flew out of the birdhouse and landed right on me and stayed there for about 15 minutes. It was pretty cool. For some reason, it didn't freak me out alot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit