Take a look at these beautiful winged creatures!

by scootergirl 59 Replies latest jw friends

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Some of you know that we live way out in the country, deep in the woods of Northern MN. One of the great things out here is the abundant wildlife that we see everyday. Last week we had a huge porcupine in the yard (which our four year old calls a hamster.....lol). We have tons of deer, bears, raccoons, foxes, wolves, coyotes, eagles and even a bobcat in the area. Another great thing is the enormous number of wild birds that grace our feeders outside our picture window in the livingroom. The other day we had over two dozen birds on four feeders and many more waiting in the trees for a spot at the feeder. Although my pics aren't the greatest, here is what we saw......and you should hear how beautiful they all sounded!

I just love living in the country!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hi Scootergirl, I couldn't get to the images. I'd really like to see them!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I see them now! I don't know if I just didn't wait long enough before or what! But they're great! Thanks.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Those are beautiful! You made my day!

• JH
    JH

Beautiful pictures Scootergirl.

With all these birds around, I guess you'll see a few cats looking for a good lunch.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Wow, you sure do have a lot more variety than we do here. Nice pics, thanks scootergirl.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Nice pics !! Looks like the ones traveling around our backyards here in my neighborhood. The folks around here have made our own little wildlife environment (sans the predatory animals) and the birds are great.

Luckily though, everyone uses specific feed to keep the nasty birds away. I really like that we don't have any Blue Jays. People think "oh, look at those pretty blue birds" THEY ARE NASTY. They are very loud and they are the BULLY of the birds. They'll literally chase all the other decent birds off the feeders- the finches and the canaries etc and then take over the feeders as their own. And then they make such a mess, strewing seed they don't like off to get to the stuff they like. Nasty.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

You country folks aren't the only ones to have wildlife like that. Down here in the cities, you can see all those birds right by the forest on Lake Harriet.

• Undecided
    Undecided

xena,

I don't like Blue Jays either. I will never forget when I was a kid over in the country, I had a nest of Doves in a tree that I would climb up and feed the young birds. One day as I was walking by the tree I saw a BJ up in the nest. I climbed up and he had pecked off the heads of the little doves. I haven't like them since.

Ken P.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Yes, the Blue Jays are bullies. They are beautiful to look at, but they chase the other birds away and are a PITA. We have two pairs that hang around the yard, but hopefully they will move on soon. Another nusiance bird is the Red Wing Black Birds that are nesting in the reeds near the pond that sometimes I find on the feeders. Hopefully the finches and grossbeaks will gang up on them soon! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit