Take a look at these beautiful winged creatures!

by scootergirl 59 Replies latest jw friends

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

LOL NO, my birds do not eat out of my mouth! LOL

The budgies were "free reign" for awhile until I got tired of cleaning up after them, so now they are contained in their cage until I take ONE OUT AT A TIME to play with. The Tiels, they sit on top of their cage all day long. Once and awhile they will take off and head to god knows where, but Mom puts them back where they belong and they are fine.

• copsec
    copsec

LOL SG, okay, I can still talk to ya! Haha.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

whew.......LOL

While I am sharing pics of our wildlife, I wanted to share this one too!

• copsec
    copsec

How how precious! We have loads of deer around here that come up and look in the windows at us but as of yet have not been able to pet any! How neat!

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Beautiful birds!

what is the name of the first one with the red on its chest?

• cameo
    cameo

Hi Scootergirl,

I'm a bird lover too, so I really ENJOYED your bird photos!! Have you ever had a canary?? I had one for about a year then he mysteriously died. I still can't figure out why. I sure miss hearing his song around the house.

Cameo

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Galaxy, that is a Grossbeak. They are funny looking birds w/a predominant beak. They are pretty big and come in a few different colors.

Cameo, yes, I had a geriatric canary that I started to bird watch for a friend that was going out of town. This poor bird was 23 yrs old and had definately seen better days, but I fell in love w/him. His name was Buzz. His poor chirp was more like a chicken and he wasn't as pretty as they are when younger. We had him for about a year and on Christmas morning we woke up to him dead. It broke the kid's heart, but they knew he had lived a long life.

• patio34
    patio34

What spectacular pictures, Scootergirl! And the one with your son (I presume) and the fawn is so tender. I didn't realize you could pet a fawn! Is it tame?

Pat

• Celia
    Celia

beautiful pictures Scooter. The only bird that we don't have here in VT is the orange Oriole, although I've spotted it years ago, about the time lilacs start to bloom. I love birds

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Thank you, Celia.

Patio, our neighbors found a Doe hit and killed along side of the road and besides her was her fawn. They guessed it was only a day or so old. So they brought it home and took care of it. Now, I don't know if that was the right decision, but it is very tame and comes into the yard. It is a Buck, and I think its days are probably numbered due to the hunting season out here. But it is fun to have it come into the yard and let us pet it. And, yes, that is our son, Nathan in the picture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit