by Theocrat 127 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Stillajwexelder,

I like your style!

DY

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

According to Jesus' teachings and the rest of the inspired canon of Greek scriptures, it is the duty of every Christian to evangelize.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Little Witch will you please keep on answering truthfully as you are already doing - I do not know about others on this board, but I enjoy your comments.Thanks

• shamus
    shamus

Fair enough. Let's say is it our duty to evanagalize or 'preach' or whatever to people? Did the bible not state that clearly?

I am wondering myself about this point. Thanks for bringing it up.

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

Good point shamus. The Bible states it clearly ALL throughout the NT. Not only did Jesus emphasize it, but the Apostles Paul, Peter, and John under inspiration did the same.

• little witch
    little witch

Thankyou so much Stilla. That means alot to me!

My comment was made honestly. I am a big believer in the seperation of church and state. Also the Apostle Paul spoke of different gifts. SOME would be evangelizers, SOME would be able to interpret, SOME would be leaders.

(would someone quote the scripture please)?

Jesus never said that we all as his followers have to go out and pester and coherse and conquer. I regret that my different interpretation was sarcastic and unappreciated. Bummer!

• Prins Vaillant
    Prins Vaillant

Question to Still a JW....

When you are putting JW-magazines in people's hands... you tell you want change from within... and what about those people who "come in the "truth" (!)" "thanks to" your placing of magazines? Will you tell them you are a reformer? Don't you feel guilty for the possibility that you convert people to a cult?

Prins Vaillant

• shamus
    shamus

That is true... people were 'christian' while Jesus was here on earth yet there was no organized preaching work that I know of...

Let's go one point at a time here.

So as far as I know, Jesus only had 12 apostles or whatever with him 'preaching'. People did not go door to door who heard Jesus... am I correct?

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

You speak of Ephesians 4. Point taken, but in agreement with other scriptures, wouldn't it make sense that some would have those particular gifts, but making known the "good news of the Christ" would still be the responsibility of all? When Paul talked about the "sacrifice of praise" or "fruit of lips", he noted that as the duty of every follower of Christ.

Of those things listed at Ephesians 4, Paul most likely served in all of those capacities, but he still made the preaching work his main priority.

• larc
    larc

Theo, as Little Witch pointed out regarding the scripture from Saint Paul, people have different gifts. Some are very good at spreading the word. Others are good at cooking and feeding the poor. The problem with the Witnesses is that everyone has to fit into one mold, that of preaching. Some are not good at it, and they could be more useful filling another role.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit