Do you still preach?

by Theocrat 127 Replies latest jw friends

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Rabbit:

You didn't read my whole sentence. I said I'd rather be helped by JWs as they would not leave me stranded. That would mean physically as well as spiritually.

Our ability to pull ourselves out of poverty was only accomplished with their help. And I do feel indebted to them. Not for the physical assistance as much as the spiritual. Believe what you will. They REALLY never did seem to notice our raggety clothes. Kinder people I have never met!

a f i n

• neyank
    neyank

Afin,

You don't need to discuss the hardships you've had to endure because there are many people that have had nightmare filled lives but they aren't competing with other people to see who had the hardest time.

Let's get back to the title of the thread. Shall we?

I asked a question of Theo that perhaps you can answer.

What are the fruits of the WTS preaching work?

neyank

• little witch
    little witch

My take (as per FIN's Request) is that Theo and FIN are the same person.

Of course if they both show up at the same time without changing IP's I may change my mind.

Yes I did notice that "theo" left the building, and that you fin showed up to take his place.

You are a troll, and you don't even have enough talent to make me sick.

• bebu
    bebu

Do I preach? Or, rather, "still preach?"

I never preached the false JW gospel (I was never a dub). If I were an ex-JW, then where's the admonition to preach what one believes to be a false gospel? I don't even see how placing magazines is considered "preaching". That looks like book-selling, not preaching.

Also, Jesus said that we would witness to (not preach about) him (Jesus, not Jehovah). That is pretty easy.

bebu

PS: AFIN, you remind me of the phrase, "with friends like you..." You have the kind of smug attitudes that I avoid in real friends.

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

neyank:

Col 1:10 'in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing him as YOU go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God'.

Does that answer your question? Why do I think it won't?

a f i n

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

bebu:

Nice to meet you too.

a f i n

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Needy:

Rabbit:

You didn't read my whole sentence. I said I'd rather be helped by JWs as they would not leave me stranded. That would mean physically as well as spiritually.

Y - e - s, I did... I know how to read and even comprehend...sometimes...

You seem to keep saying that to everyone that disagrees with you..."you can't read or didn't read." You won't make many friends here like that.

Remember me...? I was the one who said it was 'commendable' for the JW's to do what they did. I did not doubt you in the least bit. The people you talk of were good people. I was and am a 'good' person, however...I was NOT helping people in all the ways Jesus said, too. Why...?

Because, my religion would not let me. There have been umptine (sp?) articles saying it was improper to give to these 'charities' like the Red Cross, Salvation Army, United Way and others. The WT always bragged tho', when some natural disaster struck...how generous the Bros. & Sisters were to help THEIR OTHER B' & S's IN THE FAITH with aid, delivered directly by the WT -- "we take care of our own," they would say. And they did -- only their own, can you really imagine Jesus being selective like that ?

Why not just give lump sums or supplies to the different charities who would distribute them to ANYONE who needed them ?

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Rabbit:

My point about rather be visited by a witness is that I wouldn't be left stranded and you didn't mention that part.

I think you know why witnesses don't contribute to Red Cross and SA, United Way and others. Some of them have religious affiliations and others perform unscriptural acts ( abortions etc)

When I say we donate to charities, we select certain ones. Personally, I give to a childrens hopital regularly and a few others when I can.

a f i n

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

neyank was asking about the "WTS preaching work". Are you saying Colossians 1:10 applies specifically to the JW preaching work? You better re-read that scripture:

We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, 4 because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all the saints-- 5 the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the word of truth, the gospel 6 that has come to you. All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood God's grace in all its truth. 7 You learned it from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on our [3] behalf, 8 and who also told us of your love in the Spirit.
    9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10 And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, [5] the forgiveness of sins. (Colossians 1:3-14)

Nothing here about a "good news" of a Paradise Earth. Here the gospel is of "God's grace" and love, with a hope "stored up for you in heaven" and an "inheritance in the kingdom of light". The "preaching work" of the JWs is not to the "anointed" (for whom most of the NT, including this passage, was written according to the WTS), but to the "great crowd" who do not receive this gospel, and do not receive an "inheritance" into the kingdom. So let's try again. "What are the fruits of the WTS preaching work"?

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Leolaia:

The preaching work is done through the annointed still on earth. They lead the preaching along with the great crowd. The fruits of the preaching is the growth in numbers in the great crowd.

a f i n

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit