Do You Think George W. Bush Will Be Re-elected??

by minimus 143 Replies latest social current

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Unfortunately, I think he will.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Bush's brother didn't "give him" Florida. It's a little more complicated than that.

At this point in time it seems that Bush is making left and centrist leaning America very angry. And angry voters vote. If Kerry can pick a centrist VP-nominee he has a very good chance of winning.

B.

• logansrun
    logansrun

For those who are saying Bush will win I have one question : Why?

Reasons Bush might win:

1) Hardline Republicans are numerous in the US, vote all the time and will defend Bush to the death.

2) The economy is doing well. Come on, it is. I give Bush high marks for productivity. Inevitably, this helps the average worker.

3) We have not had any terrorist attacks in the US since 9/11.

4) Incumbants always have the advantage in elections due to familiarity and other factors.

Reasons Bush might lose

1) This fool war (quagmire, fiasco, whatever you want to call it) we are in. Over 700 US deaths so far and not so much as one WMD found. This is the biggest and most important reason.

2) Liberals hate Bush (almost to ridiculous levels) and will not vote for him even if offered free abortions. (I'm kidding)

3) Bush and Co. have been extremely Machiavellian in their tactics and are generally perceived as information despots. Example a) The "Patriot" Act

4) Some people are still out of a job that is now being handled by a guy on the Indian supcontinent. Whether rightly or wrongly, angry people vot.

Bradley

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    2) The economy is doing well. Come on, it is. I give Bush high marks for productivity. Inevitably, this helps the average worker.

Bradley..............uh, nope..........at least not here in CT..................

• logansrun
    logansrun

Sunny,

Overall, the economy is rebounding. The most jobs in US history were created a couple months ago. My stock funds - the little I have - have gained quite a bit. Now, is Bush the sole reason for this? No.

God, I wish Bill Clinton could run again. Seriously.

Bradley

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    Bradley..............uh, nope..........at least not here in CT..................

The economy is never good in CT.

• logansrun
    logansrun

What about Ben & Jerrys?

B.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Allow me to fluff this up a bit?

I think he is damn hot for his age.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Oh Jesus.