A copy of Bush's Resume just hit the net!

by amac 45 Replies latest social current

• Left_Field
    Left_Field

Simply put... Dubbya did to America what Clinton did to his intern.

Finish this sentence... If Kerry gets to power he will do to America what .................... did to ...............

:-)

• AlanF
    AlanF

Yeru said:

: Most of the criticism leveled at Bush is NOT justified and is driven by partisan hate.

I've observed for myself what Bush has done. My criticisms are based on the things I see on the news. What I see, I often don't like.

: DUI, sure, and he owns up to it.

Yeah? Then if it's true that his Texas driving record so conveniently disappeared, him being governor and all, and Daddy Bush being so powerful and all, how do you explain that disappearance? It's just a bit too convenient, wouldn't you say?

How about you write Georgie Dear and ask him to explain?

: He was NOT AWOL, that's already been hashed out.

Can you point me to any decent online discussions, or anything I can reasonably well access, that show this? I've not heard of it.

: As a Pilot in the ANG, he was more likely than any other branch of the ANG to go to Vietnam

What does this mean? He certainly didn't go to Vietnam. "Likely" doesn't mean diddly squat. Are you implying that "likely" means "did"? And how about all the records that I've seen claimed by the news media to have disappeared?

Yeru, I just want to say that I most certainly support our military people -- up to a point. I have nothing but admiration for people like you who dedicate their lives to American ideals. It's just that in some cases, American ideals get subverted by the likes of Bush And Company. Similarly, I have great liking and respect for the German people. But they got royally f**ked over by Hitler And Company in WWII. And if you think my view is a result of prejudice, remember that my last name is Feuerbacher -- a solid German name if ever there was one. I similarly think that the American people are getting royally f**ked over by the Bush Administration. You just take a look at the amount of money these guys are raking in. Look at the f**king pigs like the head of Enron and so forth, that they've been in bed with. Look at how much they've f**ked over the environmental laws that have been passed in the last 30-40 years. You have kids? I do. I want them to live in a decent environment. Bush And Company have set things back to the 1940s in terms of environmental responsibility in government.

AlanF

• Badger
    Badger

The fact that Bush has beaten Ann Richards, John McCain and Al Gore shocks me (OK, beating Gore, didn't shock me...but he only beat him with an asterisk anyway). He is a prop of a far-right group that has always engaged in character assassination over issues. His press conference was a dreadful performance, and I see why he's made fewer of them than anyone. He can't win a real debate with anyone (and not some phony-ass "talk show" style debate...a real at the podium Lincoln Douglass debate...The kind I make my kids slug it out in in class.)

I' not going to call Bush AWOL, much less a deserter...as I said, those are charges that carry burden of proof. Again, the only motivation for a personal attack is political postioning. The left nor right will never look into the personal lives of their own sides, but they'll pick them apart on the other side with the hope that the "character issue" (The WORST innovation in politics) will strike with the voters.

If you want to attack Kerry's flipflops, go by his SENATE VOTES

If you want to attack Bush's military record, by "BRING IT ON" and "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"

Hauling out what they did in 'nam is like holding Peyton Manning responsible for throwing 3 picks in a junior high game.

Speaking of Which...why don't we see negative ads for other businesses like we do in politics? for example:

>>>"Fly United...(shot of jet wreck)...we'll get you there"
    >>>"Over the past four years, the Texas Rangers have finished LAST with several high-salaried athletes...That's wasting YOUR ticket money...The Houston Astros support lower tickets, younger talent and responsible management, not American League big spending."
    >>>"Chevy talks about and American Revolution...but they just bring out old, Detroit insider ideas. Kia wants what you demand: reform in car manufacturing."

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    President George W. Bush has had the LOWEST misery index in 20 years: this index measures inflation and unemployment. The misleading SLANT that people try to put via this "resume" is nothing but political propaganda.

Blacksheep,

Can you point me to a website or source of information with this on it. I've actually never heard of the misery index and would like to learn more about it.

Thank you,
    CountryGuy

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Subj:
    RESUME of GW Bush

I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under
    the influence of alcohol. And he owned up to it...and has quit drinking

I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended
    for 30 days. Which was about the most common punishmet back then

My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available. Records NEVER get lost...right?

MILITARY:
    I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. A B.S. claim, he did duty in Alabama, and people saw him there...this one was debunked about a month ago.

I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug
    use. As oppossed to "I didn't inhale"??

By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat
    duty in Vietnam. Pilots in the ANG were the most likely of all NG folks to get deployed to Nam

COLLEGE:
    I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. How many of you here could even get in to Yale?
    I was a cheerleader. So?

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
    I ran for U.S. Congress and lost. So he knows what defeat tastes like
    I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975. YEP

I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas.
    The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock. Are you making an accusation?

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that
    took land using taxpayer money. assumming it's true TIF financing is very very very common.

With the help of my father and our right-wing friends in the oil
    industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of
    Texas. I wonder if the Voters of Texas and Ms Richards misgoverance of the State had anything to do with Bush being elected. She is a liberal and Texas is indeed a conservative state. Ken Lay helped some Democrats too.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:
    I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies,
    making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. Go to Jersey, much more polluted

During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog
    ridden city in America.

I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of
    billions in borrowed money. ?

I set the record for the most executions by any governor in
    American history. Governors don't execute...the legal system does

With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my
    father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President
    after losing by over 500, 000 votes. Jesus H. Christ, this B.S. again...per the constitution of the US Bush is the legal and legitimate president...maybe we need to count all those absentee ballots that keep getting tossed out in Democrat states

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a
    criminal record. And one he readily admited to...the others...just never got caught

I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over
    one billion dollars per week. Which was entirely necessary for US security

I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S.
    Treasury. What freaking Surplus? and what bankrupt Treasury? The Surplus disappeared before he came into office

I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S.
    history. Though one of the smallest when compared to the GNP and the Budget itself.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any
    12 month period. I need to see the records on this...common sense says that when Clinton's Tech bubble burst, the bankruptcies began...so how is that Bush's fault.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month
    period. Yet more US citizens own homes than ever before in history...maybe it's that Tech bubble thing again

I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of
    the U.S. stock market. 9-11 (not his fault) Enron (not his fault) the Recession that began under Clinton (which he has fixed)

In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their
    jobs and that trend continues every month. Yep, only 800,000 new jobs created this year...horrible...The last indicator of economic recovery is employment...which continues to go up...and if you look at Labor department household survey's you find that a lot of the "lost jobs" are really self employed folks.

I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any
    administration in U.S. history. Nice to have folks around that know how to use money.

My "poorest millionaire, " Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker
    named after her.Whaaa

I set the record for most campaign fundraising trips by a U.S.
    President. So?

I am the all-time U.S. and world record holder for receiving the
    most corporate campaign donations.First, proof, second, so what.

My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best
    friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate
    bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron Ken Lay is Bush's best friend? He was also Clinton's golf buddy...wait a minute....wasn't Clinton in office when most of this corporate scandal nonsense was actually going on....you don't think that this whole "depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is" has anything to do with the tone set for corporate America...do ya? Seems to me the US Justice department and SEC are now cleaning the mess made by Clinton.

My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys
    to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election
    decision. Really? So as a private citizen I can only hire those YOU approve of?

I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against
    investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent
    investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent
    investigating one of the biggest corporate rip offs in history. What corporate rip off is this? The one where the company itself reports irregularities from a company it contracted with in Kuwait? Is that the one??
    I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and
    refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was
    revealed. What energy crisis is that?

I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history. Adjusted for inflation...1973 was WAY higher

I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be
    awarded government contracts.details details

I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any
    President in U.S. history.details details

I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest
    bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.SCORE...then again...he was against it for that very reason at first, but for the security of the US became aware that it was necessary so that CIA and FBI or even FBI criminal and FBI terror investigators could talk.

I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S.
    history Which ones are those again?

I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations
    remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission. I wonder if that had anything to do with who was heading up the commission at that time....one of the biggest abusers of human rights in the world...strange isn't it.

I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.
    A thoroughly anti-American institution...I approve
    I refused to allow inspectors access to U.S. "prisoners of war"
    detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva
    Convention.Inspectors? What inspectors?...what Prisoners of War? are you refering to the battlefield detainees, aka illegal combatants who are not protected under the Geneva convention?

I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations
    election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).First I've heard of it...do we really need Jimmy Carter standing watch over the most free country in the world?

I set the record for fewest number of press conferences of any
    President since the advent of television. True, he ain't the best public speaker

I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one year
    period. Jealous

After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the
    worst security failure in U.S. history. The blame of which was shared by all US administrations back to Carter or even before
    I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade
    Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most
    hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in
    world history. Some of us don't see it as a failure of diplomacy....especially when France and Russia were on the take from Saddam...maybe THAT is the diplomatic failure....

I have set the all time record for most people worldwide to
    simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people),
    shattering the record for protest against any person in the history
    of mankind. I take that to mean he's doing something right...where were these guys when Saddam needed to be protested?

I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked,
    preemptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign
    nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the
    majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.NOT unprovoked, NOT pre-emptive (a violated ceasefire agreement gave the US the legal right, even internationally, to resume the war, damned details) actually, the majority favored the war...and still approve.

I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut
    in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families in war
    time.Ahhh, investigate that a little

In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for
    attacking Iraq, then blamed the lies on our British friends.LIE is a big word...that doesn't apply...I wonder where the Chemical Weapons in Jordan came from...and I wonder what all those Semi Trucks convoying into Syria just before the war and burying their cargo were carrying...hmmm not matter

I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans
    (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and
    security. When the Europeans vote in US elections let me know...I wonder how many of those 71% were on the take from Saddam? I wonder why this same 71% wanted to do NOTHING while people on their own continent were murdering one another in ethnic cleansing that threated the world's peace back in the 90's. Again, Europe learned the wrong lesson in WWII, instead of learning that evil must be oppossed early on, it learned instead that war is bad....which makes it impossible to confront evil.

I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster, "
    a WMD. Ummm, we already have those

I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice. But we keep trying

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my
    father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.In accordance with Texas state law.

All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my
    bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public
    view. Need details, I'm betting nothing illegal or unethical is going on.

All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice President,
    attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and
    unavailable for public review. As per public law...common practice among all presidents. It's at the Supreme Court now...and will be upheld.
  • Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Alan,

All I see is hate, not solutions, not options, only hate...mostly unwarranted hate.

Yeru said:

: Most of the criticism leveled at Bush is NOT justified and is driven by partisan hate.

I've observed for myself what Bush has done. My criticisms are based on the things I see on the news. What I see, I often don't like. Stop watching CNN

: DUI, sure, and he owns up to it.

Yeah? Then if it's true that his Texas driving record so conveniently disappeared, him being governor and all, and Daddy Bush being so powerful and all, how do you explain that disappearance? It's just a bit too convenient, wouldn't you say? DAMN, wonder what happened to my military medical record...lost twice....damn convenient, don't ya think?

How about you write Georgie Dear and ask him to explain?

: He was NOT AWOL, that's already been hashed out.

Can you point me to any decent online discussions, or anything I can reasonably well access, that show this? I've not heard of it. How about an entire press conference where his military pay records showed that he was paid (which only happens when ya show up in the reserves and NG)...that he earned sufficient points, the guy who said he didn't remember Bush being in Alabama suddenly remembering he has Altzhiemers, and isn't even sure where HE was at when Bush was in Alabama...the guys who have come on TV and said they remember seeing Bush in Alabama...but...that's not proof. So, where's the proof he was AWOL? It just doesn't exist.

: As a Pilot in the ANG, he was more likely than any other branch of the ANG to go to Vietnam

What does this mean? He certainly didn't go to Vietnam. "Likely" doesn't mean diddly squat. Are you implying that "likely" means "did"? And how about all the records that I've seen claimed by the news media to have disappeared? Likely, means if he was trying to dodge Vietnam he could have gotten into many other NG fields that had NO LIKELIHOOD of going to Nam. WHICH RECORDS?

Yeru, I just want to say that I most certainly support our military people -- up to a point. I have nothing but admiration for people like you who dedicate their lives to American ideals. It's just that in some cases, American ideals get subverted by the likes of Bush And Company. But never by Gore or Clinton, or Kerry? How is Bush and Company "subverting our ideals, he's met them as far as I'm concened Similarly, I have great liking and respect for the German people. But they got royally f**ked over by Hitler And Company in WWII. Soooo, Bush is Hitler? And if you think my view is a result of prejudice, remember that my last name is Feuerbacher -- a solid German name if ever there was one. I similarly think that the American people are getting royally f**ked over by the Bush Administration. In what way, is it because we now keep more of our tax dollars than ever? You just take a look at the amount of money these guys are raking in. Yep, Cheney made a whopping 800,000 in 2003....which is chicken feed for a guy like him...he and Bush both took Pay Cuts to serve...as oppossed to Clinton, who never EARNED real money in his life. Look at the f**king pigs like the head of Enron and so forth, that they've been in bed with. How have they been "in bed" Enron was under Clinton's adminstration. Look at how much they've f**ked over the environmental laws that have been passed in the last 30-40 years. You mean all the over regulation...f*ck the enviro nuts. You have kids? I do. I want them to live in a decent environment. Bush And Company have set things back to the 1940s in terms of environmental responsibility in government. Really, prove it.

AlanF

We just disagree....but...use facts instead of lies or hatred.
  • Badger
    Badger

Yeru:

Good reply to most of these...(others, well, either I disagree or you're just wrong )

However:

period. Jealous
    You CAN'T be proud of THAT.
  • Badger
    Badger

Yeru:

Good reply to most of these...(others, well, either I disagree or you're just wrong )

However:

period. Jealous
    You CAN'T be proud of THAT.
  • Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Nor not proud, just being facetious, I haven't seen any figures that show it's true....working vacations are a lot of fun, huh...Camp David doesn't really count as a vacation ya know...it's just another office.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Why can't I start a new thread...is the board jacked up, or am I being punished again? It says I've started 0 and can start 2, but when I click enter I get an error message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit