A copy of Bush's Resume just hit the net!

by amac 45 Replies latest social current

• Badger
    Badger

I'm not sure...I just double posted...

I'm leaving...I'm gonna go watch Kill Bill 2

See you all...

Oh, and in the spirit of the thread:

Bring Back Howard Dean!

• Badger
    Badger

I'm not sure...I just double posted...

I'm leaving...I'm gonna go watch Kill Bill 2

See you all...

Oh, and in the spirit of the thread:

Bring Back Howard Dean!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Simply put...

Dubbya did to America what Clinton did to his intern.

Finish this sentence...

If Kerry gets to power he will do to America what ____________did to ___________

If Kerry gets to power he will do to America what Monica did to Clintons cigar

• Corvin
    Corvin

amac, when you put it like that, I even hate what that man stands for more than ever.

• Corvin
    Corvin

ThiChi, when you put it like that, I hate what Kerrie stands for more than ever.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    What the? I dont believe it AlanF really IS a smart man

LOL, true.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Yeru said:

: All I see is hate, not solutions, not options, only hate...mostly unwarranted hate.

I think you're confusing warranted criticism with hate. Same way as a lot of JWs claim that criticism of their organization is hating it.

:: I've observed for myself what Bush has done. My criticisms are based on the things I see on the news. What I see, I often don't like.

: Stop watching CNN

What? I watch a wide variety of news outlets. CNN is a drop in the bucket.

::: DUI, sure, and he owns up to it.

:: Yeah? Then if it's true that his Texas driving record so conveniently disappeared, him being governor and all, and Daddy Bush being so powerful and all, how do you explain that disappearance? It's just a bit too convenient, wouldn't you say?

: DAMN, wonder what happened to my military medical record...lost twice....damn convenient, don't ya think?

Not an answer. Just an excuse.

Motor Vehicle Bureaus, or whatever they're called locally, are pretty competent in keeping driver's records, perhaps as opposed to military record keeping. So your example is likely comparing apples and oranges. For example, just last night on the news there was a story that a 97-year-old lady was taken to jail in handcuffs in Texas, after having been stopped for a minor traffic infraction. Seems she had an outstanding ticket from some years ago for non-registration of a vehicle, so the police treated her in the normal manner and handcuffed her and took her to jail. Point is: the traffic people in Texas do keep accurate records. If Bush's records disappeared (and when was he last the governor? and don't you think it's pretty obvious that the traffic people would be keeping a close eye on Bush's records?) then isn't it OBVIOUS that some hanky panky with the records occurred? And that, whoever hanky-pankied, they've been paid well and are hardly going to spill the beans?

You can be damned sure that the records of my driving records in New York, Massachusetts, Oregon and Colorado, as well as those in the various states I've got traffic tickets in, are intact. I know for a fact that they're intact for certain people who I know well because various states have compared computer records of driving offenses and dealt with them according to the combined record of the various states.

: How about you write Georgie Dear and ask him to explain?

Well?

::: He was NOT AWOL, that's already been hashed out.

:: Can you point me to any decent online discussions, or anything I can reasonably well access, that show this? I've not heard of it.

: How about an entire press conference where his military pay records showed that he was paid

Being paid has nothing to do with showing up for work in the military. You of all people ought to know that.

: (which only happens when ya show up in the reserves and NG)...

Sure....

: that he earned sufficient points, the guy who said he didn't remember Bush being in Alabama suddenly remembering he has Altzhiemers, and isn't even sure where HE was at when Bush was in Alabama...the guys who have come on TV and said they remember seeing Bush in Alabama...but...that's not proof. So, where's the proof he was AWOL? It just doesn't exist.

I'm not aware of such things. As I requested, please provide LINKS!

::: As a Pilot in the ANG, he was more likely than any other branch of the ANG to go to Vietnam

:: What does this mean? He certainly didn't go to Vietnam. "Likely" doesn't mean diddly squat. Are you implying that "likely" means "did"? And how about all the records that I've seen claimed by the news media to have disappeared?

: Likely, means if he was trying to dodge Vietnam he could have gotten into many other NG fields that had NO LIKELIHOOD of going to Nam.

Please. The fact is that Georgie didn't go to Vietnam. The fact is that neither he nor anyone else can account for his whereabouts when he was ostensibly serving in the Air National Guard. The fact is that he f**ed around doing anything he could to avoid service so long as service could get his ass cooked.

Doesn't that piss you off? Doesn't it piss you off that a f**king pantywaist service dodger got away with all this shit?

You obviously have a lot of integrity! Doesn't it piss you off that the United States, perhaps the greatest nation of all time, is now being led by someone without integrity?

: WHICH RECORDS?

You tell me. I've not kept track of the nightly news by keeping a day to day diary. But I've kept mental notes. According to those mental notes, Bush has no records proving he served real time in the National Guard. He got paid, but that's like saying a welfare mother got paid for having kids.

:: Yeru, I just want to say that I most certainly support our military people -- up to a point. I have nothing but admiration for people like you who dedicate their lives to American ideals. It's just that in some cases, American ideals get subverted by the likes of Bush And Company.

: But never by Gore or Clinton, or Kerry?

Perhaps, by those guys. But it's a matter of degree. It's also a matter of exactly in what sphere. Bush has accidentally or deliberately lied to the American people about the war in Iraq. Clinton lied about getting a blowjob from some bimbo. What do you think is the more important thing? Lying about war or blowjobs with bimbos?

Fact is, no political entity doesn't lie. The important thing for our future is what they lie about.

Frankly, I'd rather have a leader who's honest about politics than who's honest about sexual morality, given the reality that the majority of Americans equate blowjobs with blasphemy against God. Political leaders have to deal with overt stupidity on an ongoing basis.

: How is Bush and Company "subverting our ideals, he's met them as far as I'm concened

Simple. Rather than looking out for the long term future of our children, he's sacrificed them on the altar of the modern Molech of corporate profits. Which in reality means the day to day altar to Molech of quarterly profits of the few industries he and his buddies are directly involved in. Like Oil. I have no problem with Oil per se. I do have a problem with any industry sector that f**ks over Americans for profit when such industries have few if any controls. And of course, the minimization of controls is another demonstrated goal of the Bush (and previously Reagan and Bush-senior) administration.

:: Similarly, I have great liking and respect for the German people. But they got royally f**ked over by Hitler And Company in WWII.

: Soooo, Bush is Hitler?

No. My point was that Bush, like Hitler, lies to the public and hopes to gain political advantage from it.

:: And if you think my view is a result of prejudice, remember that my last name is Feuerbacher -- a solid German name if ever there was one. I similarly think that the American people are getting royally f**ked over by the Bush Administration.

: In what way, is it because we now keep more of our tax dollars than ever?

No, but in a lot of other ways. Fact is, I hate the way the democrats tax and tax and tax, and never seem to want to cut taxes. In this, I suppose I'm a conservative financially but a liberal politically. Or whatever terminology you want to put on it. I don't really care.

The way we're getting majorly f**ked over is political, not financial. Don't you confuse the two!

:: You just take a look at the amount of money these guys are raking in.

: Yep, Cheney made a whopping 800,000 in 2003....which is chicken feed for a guy like him...

Yeah, but it's beyond obvious, even to a five-year-old, that Cheney And Company stand to earn, and are now earning, BIG BUCKS from virtually any endeavor that the Bush Administration embarks upon.

Does this not irritate you, Yeru? Does this not get a few wheels turning?

A year ago, I thought in my naive head that perhaps Bush and company had it right. I thought I'd reserve judgment, and so that's what I did. But time for reserving judgment is past; time for determining judgment is here. And by my judgment, Bush And Company are abject failures in terms of foreign and domestic policy.

: he and Bush both took Pay Cuts to serve...

Whoa! As if drops in the bucket in the short term mean shit in terms of big blobs in the bucket long term.

: as oppossed to Clinton, who never EARNED real money in his life.

I never claimed that Clinton is an angel. It's a matter of the least among evils. The Bush-mongrel being the least among evil candidates.

:: Look at the f**king pigs like the head of Enron and so forth, that they've been in bed with.

: How have they been "in bed" Enron was under Clinton's adminstration.

Come on. The Bush family has been friendly with the Enron fuckers for a long time. I have no idea about any connection with the Clinton administration, but if there was, all of those fuckers should be put in jail. No matter party affiliation or what.

:: Look at how much they've f**ked over the environmental laws that have been passed in the last 30-40 years.

: You mean all the over regulation...

No, I'm mean the kind of stuff that prevents morons who own 40-year-old cars from polluting the air with fucking shit exhaust -- the kind that makes you choke when you get behind them in a traffic stop. I mean the kind of mindset that forces profit-driven car companies, as opposed to responsible companies, into producing environmentally responsible cars. A few companies, like Honda, actually seem to do this on their own, while monstrosities like GMC simply continue to do whatever maximizes the next quarterly profit. Which is completely in line with the short-term and insane policies of the Bush Administration. I mean the kind of moronic regulation that allows GMC and a few of its associates to produce, at a handsome profit, school buses that emit pollutants perhaps 100 times per vehicle/mile what normal passenger cars do. All of this is political shit and it needs to stop! No matter what administration it's under.

: *ck the enviro nuts.

I agree. But I'm not talking about nuts. I'm talking about people like you and me, who want the world to be in decent shape for our kids in 30-50 years.

: You have kids? I do. I want them to live in a decent environment. Bush And Company have set things back to the 1940s in terms of environmental responsibility in government,

: Really, prove it.

All you have to do is read the news, man.

: We just disagree....but...use facts instead of lies or hatred.

We disagree alright. But don't mistake disagreement for hatred. You're reverting to JW-apologetic mode when you do that -- "You criticize me therefore you hate me!" Take a step back and try, for all your might, to see present politics from the long term position. I think that then, you'll see the viewpoint that I, however imperfect and biased I might be, attempt to take.

AlanF

• logansrun
    logansrun

Personally, I think a Kerry/Feurbacher ticket would be pretty cool.

Good points Alan.

B.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Look, more partisan hate speech directed at Bush and his administration. Poor guy, all he ever wanted to do was god's will and if he could solidify friendships with oil types in the process of doing god's will, mores the better. This time from that left-wing liberal pantywaist hater Paul Bremmer, Pope of Baghdad county.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The head of the U.S.-led coalition in Iraq, Paul Bremer, warned six months before the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that the Bush administration seemed to be paying no attention to the problem of terrorism and appeared to "stagger along" on the issue.

Bremer, who in 1999 chaired a national commission on terrorism, gave a speech on Feb. 26, 2001, in which he said the "general terrorist threat" was increasing.

"The new administration seems to be paying no attention to the problem of terrorism," Bremer said in remarks to the Robert R. McCormick Tribune Foundation.

"What they will do is stagger along until there's a major incident and then suddenly say, 'Oh, my God, shouldn't we be organized to deal with this?"'

"That's too bad. They've been given a window of opportunity with very little terrorism now, and they're not taking advantage of it. Maybe the folks in the press ought to be pushing a little bit."

Details of Bremer's speech came to light on the day that President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney answered questions from the independent commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks.

Former counterterrorism chief Richard Clarke has argued the Bush administration failed to heed his warnings that al Qaeda was an urgent priority, a charge rejected by the administration.

• amac
    amac
    I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under
    the influence of alcohol. And he owned up to it...and has quit drinking

Good for him, but I'd prefer a cleaner slate for the man running the country.

I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended
    for 30 days. Which was about the most common punishmet back then

See above.

My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available. Records NEVER get lost...right?

No, they don't, especially from the DMV. How many people have you heard of getting a clean driving slate because their driving record was "lost?" I'm sure the insurance companies would love that.

MILITARY:
    I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. A B.S. claim, he did duty in Alabama, and people saw him there...this one was debunked about a month ago.

I agree

I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug
    use. As oppossed to "I didn't inhale"??

Why compare him to others on this matter? That's avoiding the point.

By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat
    duty in Vietnam. Pilots in the ANG were the most likely of all NG folks to get deployed to Nam

This is not all that important. But I do like the idea of someone who actually fought in a war being in charge. At least it might balance their viewpoint on the cost of war.

COLLEGE:
    I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. How many of you here could even get in to Yale?

How many here are trying to run the country?!?!?!

I was a cheerleader. So?

Because cheerleading is stupid...and guys cheerleading is even more stupid.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
    I ran for U.S. Congress and lost. So he knows what defeat tastes like
    I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975. YEP

ok

I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas.
    The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock. Are you making an accusation?

No, it just points out a strange coincidence that makes me feel uncomfortable about him.

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that
    took land using taxpayer money. assumming it's true TIF financing is very very very common.
    I guess I don't understand enough about this to realize why it being very very very common is OK. So I'll try to refrain from judgment on it unless I can learn more about it.
    With the help of my father and our right-wing friends in the oil
    industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of
    Texas. I wonder if the Voters of Texas and Ms Richards misgoverance of the State had anything to do with Bush being elected. She is a liberal and Texas is indeed a conservative state. Ken Lay helped some Democrats too.

OK. But the closer anyone is to Ken Lay, the more suspicous I am about them.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:
    I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies,
    making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. Go to Jersey, much more polluted

Again, you're avoiding the point. Did he or did he not set back Texas pollution laws drastically?

During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog
    ridden city in America.

I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of
    billions in borrowed money. ?

I set the record for the most executions by any governor in
    American history. Governors don't execute...the legal system does
    So the Governor has no control over whether or not someone is executed? If so, then it goes right along with his religiously biased God complex.
    With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my
    father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President
    after losing by over 500, 000 votes. Jesus H. Christ, this B.S. again...per the constitution of the US Bush is the legal and legitimate president...maybe we need to count all those absentee ballots that keep getting tossed out in Democrat states

No need to start arguing this as it will no doubt always be controversial...

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a
    criminal record. And one he readily admited to...the others...just never got caught

I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over
    one billion dollars per week. Which was entirely necessary for US security
    Definitely debatable and a reason that people will have to decide for themselves if they want him in office again. I know I don't.
    I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S.
    Treasury. What freaking Surplus? and what bankrupt Treasury? The Surplus disappeared before he came into office

I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S.
    history. Though one of the smallest when compared to the GNP and the Budget itself.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any
    12 month period. I need to see the records on this...common sense says that when Clinton's Tech bubble burst, the bankruptcies began...so how is that Bush's fault.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month
    period. Yet more US citizens own homes than ever before in history...maybe it's that Tech bubble thing again

I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of
    the U.S. stock market. 9-11 (not his fault) Enron (not his fault) the Recession that began under Clinton (which he has fixed)

In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their
    jobs and that trend continues every month. Yep, only 800,000 new jobs created this year...horrible...The last indicator of economic recovery is employment...which continues to go up...and if you look at Labor department household survey's you find that a lot of the "lost jobs" are really self employed folks.
    Economics is very complicated and something I don't know a lot about, so I try to keep judgement away from this for now...
    I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any
    administration in U.S. history. Nice to have folks around that know how to use money.

My "poorest millionaire, " Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker
    named after her.Whaaa

I set the record for most campaign fundraising trips by a U.S.
    President. So?

So?!?! I don't know about you, but I prefer LESS tax money to go to campaigning, not to set records in spending it! And if I am going to pay for it, I'd like to see campaign fund raising made illegal entirely and an equal amount of tax payer money to go to each party (not just the 2 big ones) for equal campaigning. So the idea of a president setting a record on spending our money to get re-elected just rubs me wrong...

I am the all-time U.S. and world record holder for receiving the
    most corporate campaign donations.First, proof, second, so what.

Because corporate campaign donations is what buys politics.

My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best
    friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate
    bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron Ken Lay is Bush's best friend? He was also Clinton's golf buddy...wait a minute....wasn't Clinton in office when most of this corporate scandal nonsense was actually going on....you don't think that this whole "depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is" has anything to do with the tone set for corporate America...do ya? Seems to me the US Justice department and SEC are now cleaning the mess made by Clinton.

Again, no one is proposing to re-elect Clinton, so why keep comparing him. I'll say it again...Ken Lay is a bastard and I prefer a president who had nothing to do with him.

My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys
    to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election
    decision. Really? So as a private citizen I can only hire those YOU approve of?

No, it just makes people like me feel uncomfortable that the prez was getting help from Enron. I'm sure he didn't hire their jets because they have such low everyday rates.

I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against
    investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent
    investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent
    investigating one of the biggest corporate rip offs in history. What corporate rip off is this? The one where the company itself reports irregularities from a company it contracted with in Kuwait? Is that the one??

Don't know enough about this myself.

I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and
    refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was
    revealed. What energy crisis is that?

I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history. Adjusted for inflation...1973 was WAY higher

Same as above.

I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be
    awarded government contracts.details details

I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any
    President in U.S. history.details details

Some consider those important details.

I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest
    bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.SCORE...then again...he was against it for that very reason at first, but for the security of the US became aware that it was necessary so that CIA and FBI or even FBI criminal and FBI terror investigators could talk.

I still don't like it.

I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S.
    history Which ones are those again?

I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations
    remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission. I wonder if that had anything to do with who was heading up the commission at that time....one of the biggest abusers of human rights in the world...strange isn't it.

I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.
    A thoroughly anti-American institution...I approve

I refused to allow inspectors access to U.S. "prisoners of war"
    detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva
    Convention.Inspectors? What inspectors?...what Prisoners of War? are you refering to the battlefield detainees, aka illegal combatants who are not protected under the Geneva convention?

Changing their name to "illegal combatants" doesn't change what they are.

I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations
    election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).First I've heard of it...do we really need Jimmy Carter standing watch over the most free country in the world?

Yes, we do.

I set the record for fewest number of press conferences of any
    President since the advent of television. True, he ain't the best public speaker

That alone is huge to me...I would prefer a president who can communicate with his people.

I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one year
    period. Jealous

Slacker.

After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the
    worst security failure in U.S. history. The blame of which was shared by all US administrations back to Carter or even before
    I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade
    Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most
    hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in
    world history. Some of us don't see it as a failure of diplomacy....especially when France and Russia were on the take from Saddam...maybe THAT is the diplomatic failure....

Well, some of us do see it as that...

I have set the all time record for most people worldwide to
    simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people),
    shattering the record for protest against any person in the history
    of mankind. I take that to mean he's doing something right...where were these guys when Saddam needed to be protested?

Ummm, I'm gonna guess they weren't living in Iraq...

I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked,
    preemptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign
    nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the
    majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.NOT unprovoked, NOT pre-emptive (a violated ceasefire agreement gave the US the legal right, even internationally, to resume the war, damned details) actually, the majority favored the war...and still approve.

Forever debatable.

I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut
    in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families in war
    time.Ahhh, investigate that a little

I have, but just a little, and it seems true to me.

In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for
    attacking Iraq, then blamed the lies on our British friends.LIE is a big word...that doesn't apply...I wonder where the Chemical Weapons in Jordan came from...and I wonder what all those Semi Trucks convoying into Syria just before the war and burying their cargo were carrying...hmmm not matter

I don't understand the reasoning behind this...why on earth would Saddam do this? If it was to gain international sympathy it sure didn't do much to stop the US and he should have been able to see that. And sure...LIE is a big word...he used faulty info to justify something he was planning to do anyway. He's an idiot and he needs to go.

I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans
    (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and
    security. When the Europeans vote in US elections let me know...I wonder how many of those 71% were on the take from Saddam? I wonder why this same 71% wanted to do NOTHING while people on their own continent were murdering one another in ethnic cleansing that threated the world's peace back in the 90's. Again, Europe learned the wrong lesson in WWII, instead of learning that evil must be oppossed early on, it learned instead that war is bad....which makes it impossible to confront evil.

I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster, "
    a WMD. Ummm, we already have those

I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice. But we keep trying

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my
    father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.In accordance with Texas state law.

I don't know about this...has that always been state law?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit