This site has been the most incredible help to me-UNTIL TODAY

by ohiocowboy 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Cowboy, I can assure you that if that comment was posted, it was most likely a troll who did it, because I have met with nothing but kindness and understanding and love for any and all of my issues and life circumstances. Yes, some love to debate a bit here, but, they've never been truly unkind........I'm glad I missed that post. Hang in here, Cowboy, just enjoy the unconditional love from those who have it, and ignore the odd insensitive remark.

{{{{Cowboy}}}}}

• gumby
    gumby
    I realize that I should not let one person stop me from being part of the group.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

That would be like shopping at Safeway because you like it there, and a fight breaks out. The manager has to know of the trouble to take care of it, so the rest of the customers don't have to deal with that kind of crap.

Thanks for pointing out the trouble

Gumby

• copsec
    copsec

Cowboy,

As all the others have said, please don't let what a few small-minded people said run you off. You seem like such a nice, caring funny person and it would be a shame if you left. So, for what my little opinion is worth, PLEASE STAY! (edited to add, I don't care if you are gay or not but if that is truly your picture in the avatar I must say that the women of the world are missing out)! LOL

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Cowboy,

I noticed that thread. some people are not very thoughtful of others feelings.

for the most part the posts here are not like that

Im sorry you had to read that, you should stay

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Thanks so much for all of your replies. It is encouraging knowing people really care, and hope that I can return the favor someday and be an encouragement to others!

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Hi Cowboy,

I'm really sorry that someone had to post such offensive material on this board! Anyway, the ONLY definition for that word that I acknowledge is:

A bundle of pieces of wrought iron to be shaped by rolling or hammering at high temperatures

• bem
    bem

Cowboy,

Thanks for posting not only does it help you it encourages the rest of us too. I commmend you for not quiting & at least giving folks the opportunity to show you that "we" cannot stop people from haveing there own opinion but we can show you Cowboy that we do not all feel the same way.

Had to say also that when I noticed your time here we joined on the same day. Hope we are able to heal what needs healing. And strengthen what can be made stronger to help us endure. Look forward to meeting you .

D.J.

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

Hi Cowboy...very nice to meet you.

I haven't posted in quite some time...but, after reading your thread I felt the urge to respond.

I've always admired those few people who don't care what others think of them. How wonderful it would be to just not care. Life would be easier.

I'm not sure if wanting to be liked by everyone is just my nature or if I was conditioned to be like that by the JWs. Walking around trying to be perfect, saying, doing, wearing (etc.) exactly the right things so you won't get frowned upon.

I'm a pleaser. I want everyone to like me....when they don't, I can't understand it. I have to figure out why they don't like me and try to fix it.

I stopped posting on this board because of one person who got under my skin. (that rarely happens...but, it did here) That person had no idea how he made me feel by his comments and attitude, and I'm sure he could care less. I was the one who lost out because I cared what someone else (a stranger at that) thought of me.

I read something that made me think a little...

"Imagine for a moment that you were liked by everyone. This would most certainly mean that you?re doing something wrong. Why? Because it would be impossible to please everyone. If everyone liked and agreed with you, then it would mean you?re trying to be what another person wants--situation by situation--and that you had no consistent self. It would mean that you?re trying to clone yourself into whomever you happen to be with in the moment. It would mean you lack integrity." Trying to Please Everyone by Michael J. Hurd (you can read this in context at: http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=2809)

I hope in time I can accept the fact that not everyone will like what I say, who I am, how I act, the way I look. It has to be easier for me to change myself than it is to try to convince others to change.

Thinking of you...

~wick

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I was the one who lost out because I cared what someone else (a stranger at that) thought of me.

And so did the rest of us. Nice to see your smoldering pixels again, Wick~ed woman.

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure JCanon was posting similar rubbish on the newsgroups years ago until things got so heated that he was banned, and now posts here instead. It seems that JCanon's posts bring out the worst in people, he knows it, and does not care. In fact, people persecuting him is a justification to continue... a 'positive reinforcer' as psychologist would say. It wouldn't surprise me if he were eventually banned from here too. I have noticed on many occasions that JCanon's post bring out the worst in many good people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit