by ohiocowboy 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

No accounting for idiocy.

Some people will even vote for Kerry!

CZAR of the friendly neighbor klass

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hello! Sorry I vented, got caught quite off guard! I realize that I should not let one person stop me from being part of the group. It has been really nice being here....And hope to be a fun, caring, and supportive member as I am realizing most of you are-Thanks soooooooo much!!!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

OhioCowboy,

You have a good sense of humor, too. That is always welcome. Your one-liners on my "New word Game" thread keep me laughing. I don't care what your sexuality is, but there a few old knotheads here, that bring with them the prejudices, most of us have left behind. I can count on one hand the posters that have this problem, maybe there's hope for them to "live and let live." They don't have to agree with anyones lifestyle, just accept it as 'good for them' not me.

As you see when someone unfairly attacks like this...a lot of us will step up and say, "Not Here !"

Glad ya' found us...come down to the ChiliFest in May, meet us and get welcomed proper like.

• kls
    kls

I did not see the post that you are talking about but please don't let a few make you feel unwelcome. Most here could care less if you have six heads ( ahh on youre head) There are all different people here and some like to stick their noses were it does not belong but that is the minority we are the majority. Good for you for venting

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

I don?t agree with name calling, however, as a Christian, I was offended at the homosexual implication related to the Bible illustration topic here cited on this fourm (corrected...). It was obnoxious and twisted.

What to do? The rubbish did not even merit a reply.

However, I also believe in free speech. If you want truth, one should be able to speak freely without fear.

My advise: look to yourself first for clarity and support, anyplace else will always let you down. Be a man, and suck it up....

• Valis
    Valis

ThiChi, you mean the thread JCanon started? I agree it was absurd, but has little to do w/ohiocowboy other than he being offended at its content.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Greetings my friend, I know....I was relating how I have delt with stuff like this....sorry if I was not clear...went back and corrected...thanks...my bad

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

the stronger one holds their own ideal fantasy as THE WAY, the GOOD, the BEST, and all else as imperfect, false, flawed, etc... the more they will feel justified in trying to rid the world of the "evil" which harms their ideals....

this is also true for all of those who feel justified in name calling those who are bigots and haters of homosexuals.... why is one form of hate ok but another form not?

until people wake up to the realization that we are all one system and all hatred is self hatred, it will not end... it will only shift who can justify their hatreds.

its hard to get out of this good vs evil mentality, its so ingrained and brainwashed into us that most cannot even fathom that you can exist without such judgements.... few can truly accept the perfection of each and every moment... but reality is not imperfect until you compare it to something it is not.... meditate on it

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Zen, Are you claiming Evil does not exist? No values? one big free-for-all?

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

ohiocowboy, I missed the thread you're talking about, but I can say I've been into it before with some on this board over the homosexuality issue. It always seems to be the same few people who jump all over it, which is funny to me. Anyway, I'm quickly finding there's all types of wack jobs out here but this is still my fav discussion board so far, because now and then you really get some great information. There's so many intelligent people out here, and for those of us who are dealing with JW issues, it can really be helpful at times.

Some issues (gay/straight, republican/democrat, christian/atheist) will have more rude people saying some of the damndest things. If they don't want to play nice, that's their problem. That kind of behavior, I hope, eventually gets the attention of forum administrators, so I would assume it will not be an ongoing problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit