This site has been the most incredible help to me-UNTIL TODAY

by ohiocowboy 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

ohiocowboy. Good for you for venting. That poster is a minority of 1 here. And what ticks me off, is we finally see SFJim after a while, and he has to read that crap.

Mods. That thread also contains quotes from the deleted post, that you may wish to go back and review, As Well as the Big F's comments.

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((ohio cowboy)))),

Welcome to the board. I don't think I've "met" you, yet.

I see the moderators have already removed the hate speech on that other thread, and I, too, hope you will stick around. This forum's benefits far outweigh its drawbacks and is a godsend for so many of us! I remember getting a few nasty and derogative remarks about my intelligence when I was still a newbie and how much that hurt, as I, too, was looking for a "safe" place to lick my cultic wounds. But then I remembered what a culture of judgmentalism most who post here had recently left behind. I decided to cut them some slack and to try to help set the tone of the forum by keeping my own posts civil. I have seen tremendous personal growth occur among hundreds of JWD posters, who slowly have put off the chains of narrowminded religous bigotry and have emerged as quite wonderfully accepting human beings. (I hope I can count myself among them. )

I am sorry for your pain.

outnfree

• DIM
    DIM

I think the people who are prejudiced against gay people - whether on this site or not - have serious issues. I wouldn't classify the whole site as anti gay or anything like that....some of us are actually open minded....most of us actually.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    I think the people who are prejudiced against gay people - whether on this site or not - have serious issues. I wouldn't classify the whole site as anti gay or anything like that....some of us are actually open minded....most of us actually.

Ohio Cowboy, I am sorry if you were hurt.. cybs

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I, too, am sorry that the thread was allowed to continue unchecked for so long! And I hope you will stay around for a long time.

Nina

• avishai
    avishai

Non illigitimatus carborundum.

It's latin for "Don't let the bastards get you down".

Big hugs from straight but not narrow avishai. Who just got back from hanging out w/ a bunch of big, beautiful queens at a hairshow.

• New Castles
    New Castles

ohiocowboy,

pay no attention to those insensitive enough to put hate comments on an open forum. Im sorry to hear that you were hurt, hope you stick around to continue posting with the rest of us.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hey!

What people do in the privacy of their own bedroom is their own affair. I do realise though, that many gay people like to declare their preferences purely for reasons of honesty.

Sorry you got bitten like that. It doesn't happen often.

Englishman.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Reading through some of the recent posts, ie; The topic of Lazarus and the gay issue, I was flabbergasted at what I was reading. I can't believe-well maybe I can, that some people on this site are calling gay people "Faggots", and telling that person that they are going to get "What Sodom and Gomorrah got".

Everybody has a right to their own opinion, but to blatantly be mean and use "Faggot", and denoting that they are going to get what Sodom and Gomorrah got is too much! I can laugh with the best if someone that I know jokes around and calls me "Queer" "Flamer", or some other connotation to my life, but to be plain mean is a different story.

I have had to deal with bullies and nasty backstabbers all of my life, I thought I would not have to face that prejudice here. Thanks for ruining something I was beginning to cherish. So much for self-esteem! Thanks!!!

Sincerely,

Another Faggot awaiting what Sodom and Gomorrah got

Hey Ohio,

I did not know you were gay, but I must say that the world needs more men like you. You are sweet and kind and sincere and honest, and I would have you over to the house a helluva lot quicker than some str8 folks with their predjudice and narrow mindedness. I was also very offended at the "faggot" comment and the Sodom and Gomorah comment. I cried fowl and I will continue to do so.

Please stay and don't let those buggers run you off from your own home. You belong here, babyboy.

Best Regards,

Corvin

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Ohiocowboy....I'm thinkin that you live in Ohio?

If so,....howdy neighbor....Where in Ohio are you?

And welcome to the forum.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit