Are you Gay

by butterfly 55 Replies latest social relationships

• butterfly
    butterfly

I am new to this...but here goes.

I "came out" a few years ago, after living straight for 30 years. Tried to deny all those years that I was a lesbian. But even if I didnt act on it...I still was. I am finally happy and at peace with myself. I have found the love of my life. My partner is an inactive JW..which is what brought me to this board...looking for information.

It is hard being gay...and trying to define yourself in relation to the world around you as well as your spiritual relationship.

So my question is this:

Are you gay? How did you come to terms with that? Do you still have a relationship with GOD and how did you come to terms with that?

• Valis
    Valis

Welcome butterfly...I am not gay, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. We have many former JWs here that are gay and I'm sure they will be happy to give you words of encouragement. Welcome to the forum!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm quite happy, but I'm not a homosexual. There are several who post on this board. I hope this does NOT turn into a discussion on homosexuality, etc.

• Valis
    Valis

um what Yeru so inelloquently means is he hopes this thread doesn't become a moral soap box for fundies who want to argue the morality of being a gay human being. *thwacks Yerusalem*...Drink some more coffee matey!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Sassy
    Sassy

I am not either but have friends who are..

Welcome to the board! I am sure you will find many who can relate to what you are going through and support from even those who don't...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Thanks Valis, I like a thwacking every now and again...coffee? No thanks, I've got some here.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy butterfly. I'm not gay but I just wanted to welcome you.

• Sassy
    Sassy

actually.. if butterfly wants to talk about it.. and people can 'play nice' even if they don't agree with the issue.. can't this thread have a discussion on it? If we don't like it, we don't have to read it..

Butterfly, there is also another discussion board which has more members who are gay or bi that you might also want to check out.. hopefully someone will come in here and tell you where it is.. I think it's SanfransiscoJim's site. I don't state this site to say you should be there and not here.. because I welcome you here too!! just thought you might not be aware there was another board with xJWs as well you might want to check out.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I hope this doesn't turn into a thwacking off thread. Thwacking off should be saved for special occassion between consenting thwackers

SS no thwacking off at work klass

• butterfly
    butterfly

Thanks Sassy,

Yes, I hope that someone will give me a site for a discussion board for gays.

Just looking for people to talk with and share with...who are living gay (not denying and living alone or living a lie) and what their relationship with GOD has become?

thanks to all the welcomes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit