Jehovah does NOT Communicate with the Watchtower Society!

by UnDisfellowshipped 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What does "Spirit Directed" mean?

I had to do a lot of research to find out, but basically it refers to how the bible is supposed to be inspired by god and communicated to the writers by the holy spirit. Therefore, everything from the bible is "spirit directed"

Because they claim to base everything they believe on the bible they also claim to be "spirit directed".

When they say that an elder is "spirit directed", it means that he is supposed to base all of his decision on what the bible says.

When they say that a person is "appointed by holy spirit" it means that that person meets the guidelines setup in the bible.

Bottom line... all of the "spirit directed" and "spirit appointed" crap is just that... a lot of over inflated BS. Its like calling a Book a "Static multi-plane communication device".... it's just a load of bull sht that is designed to impress the ignorant.

• True North
    True North

Aside from getting the GB off the hook when they're proven wrong or decide to do some tacking, what is the effective difference between "spirit directed" and "direct communication" as far as the RAF are concerned?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have to say that I totally agree with Farkel's post. The WT is only trying to soften the edges and it's all damage control for the "better good'. Smoke and mirrors and phoney smiles...

Same old-same old in a new wrapping.....

Annie

• rocketman
    rocketman

Such terminology (ie "spirit directed") also enshrouds the workings of the organization in a sort of mysticism, which impresses and intimidates those who cannot or do not want to think things through for themselves (most jws).

Having been on a body of elders for several years, I often noted how, because the elders always met privately, with no other jws allowed, the common jw was lead to think that somehow, when the elders met, they made decisions as a "spirit-directed" body. However, had the elder's meetings been open meetings, the r & f would likely notice that the elders were just a group of men who argued half the time. The shroud of mysticism (for lack of a better term) would quickly dissolve.

I believe that if the average jw could sit on Governing Body meetings, etc, he/she'd note the same thing. We get some glimpse of GB meetings in Franz's book Crisis of Conscience, and it shows the GB up for what it really is - just a bunch of guys trying to run an organization.

• observador
    observador

Oh, wait, here's how a JW will explain this:

"Of course Jehovah is not communitcating with anyone [individual person] today. Only with the organization."

Others will say: "Well, but the statement is very clear. Jehovah does not communicate directly with any humans. He does it by means of the holy spirit."

And life goes on. Go figure.

• Gerard
    Gerard

I agree with Farkel. It is a smoke screen.

You may say "they talk with a forked tongue". Meaning they'll keep on playing with semantics depending on their current convenience.

• heathen
    heathen

Insert astonishing whistle here . I swear when last I studied they kept insisting that the organization was jehovahs chariot, like in Ezekiel and how jehovah was directing the chariot using his son jesus christ as mediator and the FDS. They even had pictures of the chariot on the back of the publications . Then they tried to use some twisted logic to convince people that the organization could change their doctrine just like the chariot changing direction by moving the wheels . I guess the tacking with the wind stuff was before my time of study but that just made it sound like God could fart and they would have no choice but to echo it in the publications. Am I the only one to ever wonder if jesus let out a nasty smelling fart while preaching ?

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

UNDISFELLOWSHIPPED--good job on this. Another great example of the whole double speak/think WT twisted reasoning. I am going to save this info--may be able to use it somewhere sometime.

Thank you,

cybs

• avishai
    avishai

So much BS

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

All I can say is:

Be very suspicous of anyone representing a God that does not comunicate,,,claiming that they are being used by him to communicate,,this is a dead contradiction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit