OMG!! It's a Copperhead!!

by arrowstar 42 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Did that about two years ago , i am a natural blond and in summer it is really light the more i am in the sun. Well this one year i saw pictures of me and i thought ,,my hair looks really drab ,so i thought , i will get the summer look back and get some dye . Stupid, stupid, as my daughter watched me rinse this dye , i looked up at her and i swear her eyes fell out of her sockets, i looked in the mirror and omg it was orange ,pink and a splash of white. I tried everything to get it out but when they say permament they mean it. Thank goodness time passes and i will leave well enough alone.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    You brat!! How 'bout I get someone here to take a picture and I post it for you?

No way Hon, I want to see the real hair up close. That way I can laugh, uh I mean offer my sincere felt condolences. Bug

• reboot
    reboot
    If you look at luna's avatar, it's about that color.

I'd say poor sassy...but that's my hair ......is that bad?......should I dye it?!

• simplesally
    simplesally

((((((((Lisa)))))))))))

I had green hair once! I was in high school, natural blonde but had been swimming alot in the summer time ......so chlorine and sun bleached. I went to New York on a school trip and one of the girls thought it would be fun to use a BLACK rinse on my hair. It said it was a RINSE and that it would wash out. Well, it didn't and the black reacted with my hair and it turned green. It was awful and yes, I had to wear a hat til I got home and my mom was shocked when I got off the plane with green hair.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Man, did that bring back memories.

I did the same thing years ago. It was the Memorial, and I needed to color my hair again, so bought a different brand than usual. It turned out BRIGHT RED. My hair is medium brown. I have no idea what went wrong. It was also a wash out color. I must have washed it a dozen times, with no difference.

The worst part was I had a talk at the Circuit Assembly in three days. I ended up coloring over it, and risking ruining my hair for a year. I couldn't get up in front of hundreds of people with hair like that. It just doesn't suit me.

Now I have a daughter in law who is a hair stylist. She won't let me touch my hair with color anymore. She does it for me, and it is always perfect, except right now. I need a touch up foil pretty badly.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Well I've got to say that was one heck of a funny story...except for the end result...but honey...I think bright red hair is really cool. Just get a really short, spiky hair cut and you're all set. Add a few ear piercings...maybe a nose piercing for good measure and perhaps a small tattoo to set off the hip hair.

Seriously...it's gonna wash out sooner or later...or if you are in deep despair...you could go get it professionally colored. I personally gave up on coloring my hair, so I wear it "au naturel"..."short & sassy". It's a good mix of silver gray & dark brown and I have gotten more complements on my hair this way than when I colored it. (Of course that could mean they're either very kind of very blind).

Good luck!

Cathy L.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    And, it was L'Oreal. Just because I got it at a discount store doesn't mean it's necessarily a discount brand. L'Oreal Color Spa. Yep...that's the one.

Lisa

Lis.. I understood it was L'Oreal... but I have heard sometimes the discount stores get them at discount.. because they can't guarantee the results any more at full price...

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

LOL at bisous. I too thought it was about a snake.

Arrowstar. It seems you are not alone ... http://www.otakuboards.com/archive/index.php/t-35380

http://overton.netin.com/~kristy/bodyart.html

• aunthill
    aunthill

I recently got tired of seeing the gray in my hair and decided to color it. According to the box it's supposed to be a medium brown - well it came out reddish brown and just keeps getting lighter and lighter and lighter RED.

Oh well, I always wanted to be a redhead.

Love, Aunthill

• bebu
    bebu

Now I feel so much better about my experience... which got corrected quickly, thank God.

I have medium dark brown hair, and tried a shade with red highlights--but I looked very strange. So I ran back to the store and bought a darker shade--and I swear I looked like Cher or Pocohantas. Jet black--and the shade was NOT supposed to be jet black! I ran back to the store and bought a drabber (something to add reddish highlights). That worked, and I was absolutely relieved.

My husband had a great afternoon of watching my hair change color.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit