OMG!! It's a Copperhead!!

by arrowstar 42 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

...and I don't mean the snake.

When will I ever learn to leave well enough alone...? hmm?

In an effort to lift my spirits after a long week of mishaps and bad news, I decided I would do something for me. Just because I wanted to. No other reason. Being still on the unemployment rolls, I don't have a lot of "disposable" cash for such things, but I was bound and determined.

Fast forward to little ol' me at Big Lots. I don't know if y'all have Big Lots like we do but think of it as a "these things are past their prime so you can get 'em cheap" place. It's all new stuff but it's either the old packaging or discontinued product in a lot of cases. I walk by the "spa" line since I sell that stuff, why in the name of Mary Kay would I buy someone else's line?

I'm passing all kinds of stuff as I'm walking through the store. Easter decorations, spring gardening stuff, etc. It's a lovely spring day outside and I'm getting the fever. About this time, I hear this little noise. "Psst...over here" I'm thinkin', "what was that?" "Psst...down here. I'm down here." the little voice says. I look down and there is Miss Clairol and her friends L'Oreal and Revlon. Bitches. (you'll see what I mean in a minute) So, L'Oreal coaxes me in to buyin' a box of "level 2" haircolour to "freshen" my look. Seems like a good idea. Heck, if I don't like it, it washes out in only 28 shampoos. Now, I hear all you women out there just a'snickerin'. That's right...I hear ya. You're snickerin' because you already know what's comin', dontcha?

So, here I am with my box of L'Oreal ($2.99...that alone should have been a warning), going to do a little something for me. I follow the directions carefully. I'd pick something close to my natural color. That's the whole point of this exercise, isn't it? To look like yourself only a little better? That's what I thought.

Now, I've rinsed and conditioned. We're now to the "comb out" stage. Now, the color of wet hair is always darker than the color of hair when it's dry. You know when you look in the mirror and get that funny feeling after doing something new? Well, I had it. But, not to worry, it's going to look great when it dries and we see the real color. Let me assure you, this is NOT a real color. No matter how much they tell you it is on the box and in the magazines....I'm here to tell you that this color appears nowhere in nature. Nope!!

I wish I had a camera. Y'all would have the biggest laugh. I know I did.

So, if you'll excuse me...I'm off to wash my hair again. Let's see...28 shampoos...minus 5....

Lisa of the "what have you done now?" class

• Odrade
    Odrade

OMG! That is the funniest! Let me tell you about the time I dyed my hair black...

O

• luna
    luna

Your hair IS black.

Did you dye it orange?

I'm guessing that's what has happened to Arrowstar.....

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

It's not orange...

It's a dark copper ...sorta....kinda....

All in all, it's really not that bad. But it is not at all what I was expecting.

(raising a fist to the sky and crying out) CURSE YOU LOREAL!!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Is it like the Outback commercial where the woman has bright red hair and in tears, but can't pass up Outback Steakhouse?

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Please don't wash you hair 28 times before the end of May, I want to see what the fuss is all about. Have glasses will travel. Bug

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

((((Lisa)))) It doesn't sound that bad. (I'm frowning as I type....)

Maybe my little story will make you feel better.....

My girlfriend and I decided to try that "new" streaking technique. You know....you put on that plastic cap and use a horrendous little tool that vaguely looks like a crochet needle to pull tiny strands of hair through...then you brush on the "lightener" and you have these gorgeous highlights that make you look like a young girl with sun-bleached streaks......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Imagine a redhead with white HUGE, inch wide streaks in her hair, and her friend with jet black hair, most of which is falling out in clumps. Total disaster. I dyed my hair back red so fast....alas...my girlfriend had to wear a headscarf for months....until her hair grew back.

• five_crew
    five_crew

I once dyed my hair, wanting to go darker. I followed all directions. I ended up looking like a skunk. Dark down the middle at the roots out about 3 inches, the rest was blonde. Needless to say, the next day I wore a hat to work. My hair had to be stripped of all color and givin new color. What started out cheap cost me over $50.00. Not a good experience.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

confused -

No, it's not like that woman's in the Outback commercial. If you look at luna's avatar, it's about that color.

Bug -

You brat!! How 'bout I get someone here to take a picture and I post it for you?

((Tatiana))

You sweetie. We all have hair coloring experiences, don't we?

five crew -

All things considered, I'm lucky it doesn't look that bad. It was the surprise that was the lark.

Lisa

• Mary
    Mary

Darlin' if it's any consolation, any red colour fades pretty quick..........:-D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit