OMG!! It's a Copperhead!!

by arrowstar 42 Replies latest jw friends

• alamb
    alamb

OK, here's what ya' do. I'm licensed, so trust me. Go get some peroxide 20-30 volume. Put some in the palm of your hand...a good dollop...and mix with some shampoo and wash your hair. Leave it in a few minutes and rinse. Do it a couple times and you'll see the color washing down the drain. It won't lift your natural color, just the deposited color. Then put some good conditioner on and leave a warm towel on it awhile to get the condition back. I like to microwave a damp towel to heat it. You can do it a couple days to lighten the deposited color and it will speed up the 28 shampoo process. It's called a soap-cap.

Good luck!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

alamb said:

OK, here's what ya' do. I'm licensed, so trust me.

Sounds like my stockbroker, when he told me Enron was a good buy!

• Panda
    Panda

I love being a woman so we can talk about this stuff and laugh. Count me in as both the culprit and victim of hair dye. But my best story is about a Japanese friend I was in school with in Beijing...KoKo wanted blonde hair. No right off I should know this is not going to work, but she was my friend and I really wantedd to help her. So after 3 hour long applications of wella bleach in 30 vol peroxide she had the most gorgeous Irish Setter red hair in the world. She actually kept it that way until she was going to see her Mom then she died it dark.

And Hey I thought this was about a snake too.

• alamb
    alamb

xjw_b12:

hehehe

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Go get some peroxide 20-30 volume. Put some in the palm of your hand...a good dollop...and mix with some shampoo and wash your hair. Leave it in a few minutes and rinse. Do it a couple times and you'll see the color washing down the drain. It won't lift your natural color, just the deposited color.

Man, where were you when I needed you all those years ago? That is so easy, and definitely worth remembering.

• luna
    luna

So, you say it doesn't look natural, but it looks like my avatar....

Well....that's actually my hair color. That's why I picked that avatar.....and it's my natural color, so....

I can't really say that your hair looks bad, then!!

Luna

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Holy schmoly!! You know, that's one of the things I love about this place. No matter what you do or did or have experienced it, there is someone here that knows exactly what you're feeling. I love you guys!!

bisous -

I'm starting to get used to it.

Jade -

No fortune here. I'm counting my lucky stars that it's a liveable color.

Xena -

bigkissesandthankyou

Kate -

And thank you too. Boy howdy, I did get out cheap.

kls -

omg! (taking a recount of those lucky stars)

Bug -

I'll say it again...BRAT!

Mulan -

Timing is everything, isn't it? I did this just before I was meeting a fellow for coffee. We're on the patio...the sun is setting...it's reflecting off the copper hair...the reflected light bounces back up in the sky and momentarily blinds a pilot coming into Carswell AFB...but....that's another story

SimpleSally -

green hair??? (adding another lucky star to the count)

HadEnuf -

Thank you. It was too funny to keep to myself.

xjw -

Where did you get that picture of my first husband?

AuntHill -

Redheads are very cool. Just ask us...

sphere -

Aren't you a sweetie? It's actually growing on me...(pun intended)

alamb -

Thanks!

xjw -

You hush!!

Panda -

Ain't it the truth? It's great. All we need is a pitcher of margaritas and more stories to swap.

Y'all get down here to Dallas in May!! Let's do this!!

((bighugstothewonderfulwomenonthisboard))

Lisa

• Atilla
    Atilla

I always wanted to dye my hair or atleast highlight my hair when I was in school but my parents always said absolutely not. I guess one of the minor sacrifices you make for the priviledge of handling the microphones. Then of course, I couldn't do anything when I got out of highschool because I was pioneering. In my KH it was ok for sisters to dye their hair, but for brothers it was highly frowned upon. Well, now I that I'm 24 and out, I guess I could dye my hair but really what's the point.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Luna -

I can't really say that your hair looks bad, then!!

That's what I like...a woman with good taste

Attila -

Point? There's supposed to be a point? Hon, the point is that it's something you want to do and you do it for you. Then, should you get a good giggle out of the whole thing and you want to share that experience with the group, you get a two page thread outta the deal. C'mon, whadda got to lose? (ignore those comments previously about your hair possibly falling out...just let those slide right by, k?)

Lisa

• Xandria
    Xandria
    Go get some peroxide 20-30 volume. Put some in the palm of your hand...a good dollop...and mix with some shampoo and wash your hair. Leave it in a few minutes and rinse. Do it a couple times and you'll see the color washing down the drain. It won't lift your natural color, just the deposited color.

Alamb is right, I used to be a cosmetologist myself. Some of the things we see at times can be hilarious. Don't get me started about bikini waxes.

Do not color hair with henna then get a perm. You will regret it. The mixture of the henna and the perm solution will make "Nair". Ammona thioglycolic and the Sodium sulfate is caustic and will give a chemical hair cut.

Professional Hair colors I like : Framesi and Redkin~ Framesi is very rich and vibrant and has a great conditioner to seal in color.

I love Aveda Perms due to the fact they are less harsh and have less of a smell to them.

Arrow, I am sorry to hear about the hair horror. But it will work out.

X.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit