New Announcement At The Memorial?

by dawn27 32 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I still go to meetings and haven't heard of any new announcements. If they would announce something it would not be at the memorial.

wannaexit

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Maybe it is the old "special announcement lure." Maybe they are releasing a new book for sale...

This is the first memorial I will not be attending. I am doing the fade and viewed as "inactive", but everyone is still expecting me to attend...People who know I am no longer comfortable at my former KH just assume that I will be attending at another hall. I have emails this week from friend and family who have all asked "will you be attending the meeting at your hall or at another hall this year?" I have to admit I am feeling stressed because I feel like the axe will fall after they know I have not attended...and the elders will be on me too. I am using the old "It is best if I don't discuss it" broken record routine...which I will continue to do so for a while till I can come up with a better plan. My nerves are too shot right now for any confrontation and I am trying to protect a family member in the Org who I don't want to lose communication with. So the pressure is on and sometimes I just feel like screaming to them all...I HATE THIS TORTUROUS CULT!!!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

If they annouced they would be giving back all our contributions, paying us for all the hours we lost in service, maybe just might be intrestead in knowing.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I am using the old "It is best if I don't discuss it" broken record routine...

I'm starting to reeeeally like that routine too. Elders looove the "confidentiality" and secrecy BS... I say use the same on them! It drives them nuts because they are used to being the ones in control of information.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

It may possibly be an announcement to come and do yard clean up next week.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Corvin, I always called this "The night we watch the wine and bread go by." Now I have the perfect photograph!

• rocketman
    rocketman

No doubt many of us still recall the "special announcement" which turned out to be nothing more than the "donation arrangement". It was made on a Sunday, and the KH I went to was packed, with several inactive and df'd people included.

• sandy
    sandy

Perhaps they are going to tell us that children, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to such ones, are now able to partake of the wine . . . ?
    LMAO

• heathen
    heathen

Well , I can bet the farm on the fact it won't be a humble apology from the governing body for misleading people and encouraging members in mexico to bribe government officials to stay out of military service or the fact they did nothing to help the people in malawie while they were being raped and murdered for following WTBTS teachings on not having a political card while they join the UN as an NGO to get a library card . I think this year instead of the mundane ritual they have so disgraced they should just do some begging for foregivness . Now that would be worth showing up to see .

• Odrade
    Odrade

I remember there being some "special announcement" hype last year too. The only announcement I can remember though was about the special talk on the Sunday following. No news to anyone... it's probably just a gimmick.

O

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit