New Announcement At The Memorial?

by dawn27 32 Replies latest jw friends

• dawn27
    dawn27

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about an announcement to be made at the memorial this year? My family is repeatedly pressuring me to go and the newest approach is that they've heard about an announcement, never made before, that concerns innactive ones or ones who have fallen away,, That is all that they would tell me. Are they going to come find and disfellowship us unless we go back or can we now come back "no questions asked" (yah right)? I was just curious if anyone heard what was up..

• archangel01
    archangel01

Who cares, I'm Born-Again now, thank God I'm out of that cult. Don't go because if you go that means they still have some control over you. I know you want to know what might be said but still it's not worth it.That's my two cent and a dime.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

I agree with archangel. If you are curios about the announcement it seems you still give them power over your life. Do you think you will need something of them for a happy life? It is a cult and they can decide and do what they like - as bad as it is.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

I haven't heard of any special announcements and I still go to meetings. Although i have missed alot of meetings recently, so I could be out of the loop.

• Sassy
    Sassy

true.. how many years have there been CAN't BE MISSED special talks.. we know that they don't really have the truth.........so we really can't be missing ANYTHING

• Corvin
    Corvin

Yes, I have heard the old "special annoucement" gimmick to lure inactive ones back to the Kingdom Hall. It means nothing . . . probably just some new light . . . again.

Perhaps they are going to tell us that children, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to such ones, are now able to partake of the wine . . . ?

Corvin

• SYN
    SYN

Oh please. Don't listen to that poppycock for even a second. The announcement, if something like that takes place, will probably involve detailed instructions about how to tie your shoelaces!

• yxl1
    yxl1

Corvin, that picture made me shiver. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing they could announce during the memorial that would concern me, but lets hope its the usual BS so at least we've got something to laugh about

• IT Support
    IT Support

Dawn,

Every year at the end of the memorial there's a portion of the outline designed to "encourage" (emotionally blackmail) all the backsliders to rejoin the cult...

But to answer your question, no, I haven't heard of any special announcement.

Regards,

Ken

• freein89
    freein89

Dawn, I understand why you are curious, I am too and will be waiting to hear what the "big announcement" is. Perhaps something like,

Millions Now Living Will Never Take A Shit Without Our Say So

On a related note, the WTS has acquired Metamucil in a hostile takeover

Deb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit